Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coach Pete's comments on national TV moments ago

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,649 Founders Club
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Lashed out at the fans

"Jen Cohen is one of the best athletic directors in the country"

"hats off to the kids"

"it's hard"

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Maybe he has the boosters in his pocket maybe he’s the new AD, who the fck knows anymore
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,649 Founders Club

Maybe he has the boosters in his pocket maybe he’s the new AD, who the fck knows anymore

It seemed like that question to him was teed up to end the broadcast.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    Lol in no way did he "lash out" at the fans. It was a completely vanilla TV response.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,649 Founders Club

Lol in no way did he "lash out" at the fans. It was a completely vanilla TV response.

Sure he did. He got that repugnant look of his and said (I'm paraphrasing) that fans don't understand what's going on and when it's your name that's being dissected publicly then the pain is real.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Yeah I didn’t see anything hostile in it.

Sure he did. He got that repugnant look of his and said (I'm paraphrasing) that fans don't understand what's going on and when it's your name that's being dissected publicly then the pain is real.
    You misheard him. He said one thing the fans don't see is how painful it is for the players. Hard to argue with that. Also hard to really give a shit about that comment.
    We'll agree to disagree
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited November 2021
    How did you ever get access to anyone involved with athletic departments?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

You misheard him. He said one thing the fans don't see is how painful it is for the players. Hard to argue with that. Also hard to really give a shit about that comment.
    We'll agree to disagree
    It’s now 3 against 1. You’re wrong here.
    Gladstone said:

He was resentful
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

He was resentful
    nah i just rewatched and don’t see it. anyway see you in the game thread
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

He was resentful
    nah i just rewatched and don’t see it. anyway see you in the game thread
    you bet
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam
    I hated that comment so much.
    I took it more as a thank you to one of the people responsible for his generational wealth. $ above integrity. Hence my Cena reference.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 763
    It was annoying that he jizzed on JC but otherwise typical.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,800
    He thought Lake was ready
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

We'll agree to disagree
    Considering you’re often biased about anything to do against UW looking for reasons to validate your disdain ….

Not shocking that you’re getting called out here
    Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree
    Considering you’re often biased about anything to do against UW looking for reasons to validate your disdain ….

People are giving their opinions. This is a message board.
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

People are giving their opinions. This is a message board.
    Go after a moderator out on the boards, and your done. You'll be given a timeout at a minimum.

That's how you say it Derek.
    My bad.