Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Spurs Heat game 1 thread

TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
Post your predictions for how much our Spurs will win by here.

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,507
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What do those asshole Pacer fans have to say now?!
  • Options

The Pacers are so young. 2014 will be special.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You have no idea the damage Jim O'Brien did.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

How can you be a Heat fan? I love watching Lebron and respect his game, but how can you respect a guy who joins D Wade and Chris Bosh?

There's a reason Magic, Bird, Jordan, Barkley, etc have all criticized him about joining the Heat. Joining a stacked team was a bitch move. Each year, they will get better because they will get good veterens for cheap who are chasing a ring, see Ray Allen, Shane Battier.

• Options

How can you be a Heat fan? I love watching Lebron and respect his game, but how can you respect a guy who joins D Wade and Chris Bosh?

There's a reason Magic, Bird, Jordan, Barkley, etc have all criticized him about joining the Heat. Joining a stacked team was a bitch move. Each year, they will get better because they will get good veterens for cheap who are chasing a ring, see Ray Allen, Shane Battier.

That's a really dumb reason to not like Lebron. Lebron didn't even go to the best basketball situation. Chicago could have signed him and another max guy that offseason to go along with Rose, Noah and Deng.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Magic Kareem and Worthy and Bird McHale and Parish can shut the fuck up. Barkley chased rings to Phoenix and Houston. Jordan is the guy with a worse team but he recruited Rodman for his second go around and had Pippen. James took fucking Cleveland to the Finals with a 25 win team. And he's carrying Wade and Bosh now.

That's how. The Lakers traded for Wilt Kareem Shaq and Kobe. Boston won a title in 07 with their own big three that they put together
  • Options
    I think the Bulls actually traded for Rodman but other than that you're spot on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's a really dumb reason to not like Lebron. Lebron didn't even go to the best basketball situation. Chicago could have signed him and another max guy that offseason to go along with Rose, Noah and Deng.
    I'm not sure of it would have been that easy, especially with the new bargaining agreement. Deng has a max contract, so does Rose although I don't think he had one yet at the time. Noah gets over 10 million a year. Boozer has a max or near max deal. Lebron could have taken his spot, but I don't think they would have been able to add another max guy.

As it is, you have a point. The Bulls would have been stacked.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the spurs win easily. Say 34-17?
  • Options

I'm not sure of it would have been that easy, especially with the new bargaining agreement. Deng has a max contract, so does Rose although I don't think he had one yet at the time. Noah gets over 10 million a year. Boozer has a max or near max deal. Lebron could have taken his spot, but I don't think they would have been able to add another max guy.

As it is, you have a point. The Bulls would have been stacked.

Chicago was 30 million under the cap that year and Lebron is making 17 million this season. There were plenty of Lebron and Bosh to Chicago rumors. Now they could have taken a slightly bigger pay cut than the one they took in Miami or Chicago could have moved Deng. That team still would have had Rose Noah James Bosh and whatever it got for Deng. That's better than the Heat situation ever was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

Magic Kareem and Worthy and Bird McHale and Parish can shut the fuck up. Barkley chased rings to Phoenix and Houston. Jordan is the guy with a worse team but he recruited Rodman for his second go around and had Pippen. James took fucking Cleveland to the Finals with a 25 win team. And he's carrying Wade and Bosh now.

That's how. The Lakers traded for Wilt Kareem Shaq and Kobe. Boston won a title in 07 with their own big three that they put together

A couple points:

Bird and McHale were homegrown, drafted players by the Celtics. They traded for Parish at an early point in his career. A lot different than signing a bunch of free agents to a superteam ala the Heat.

Jordan and Pippen, same thing, drafted and developed by the Bulls. Add Horace Grant for their first 3 titles. Rodman was traded for Will Purdue! The Spurs just wanted to get rid of him. Who knows how many other teams could have put up with the headaches Rodman caused. Once again, a different scenario than the Heat.

Magic and Worthy, both drafted by the Lakers. They added Kareem late in his career. It was amazing Kareem played so well for so long. I doubt they expected that when they first acquired him.

Chris Bosh and D Wade sacrifice for the Heat, although D Wade is only a shell of what he once was. He's breaking down.

Would you respect Magic and Bird the same if they teamed up to play on the same team? 2 years ago, Wade was a top 3-4 player in the league and Bosh averaged 24 and 10. This team should be easily winning titles.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Pippen was drafted by the Sonics.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

Pippen was drafted by the Sonics.

Forgot about that. Traded for Olden Polynice on draft day. Bad trade by the Sonics.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It doesn't matter how you build a champion, you build a champion. That's my point. Magic didnt need to play with Bird. He had Jabbar
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It doesn't matter how you build a champion, you build a champion. That's my point.

Agree.

Magic didnt need to play with Bird. He had Jabbar

... and a damned solid supporting cast of role players, guys like Cooper, Scott, Wilkes, Worthy, Rambis. Those were great teams.

BTW, as a UCLA fan, don't you miss the days of John Wooden and Lew Alcindor?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,139
    Founders Club

It doesn't matter how you build a champion, you build a champion. That's my point.

Agree.

Magic didnt need to play with Bird. He had Jabbar

... and a damned solid supporting cast of role players, guys like Cooper, Scott, Wilkes, Worthy, Rambis. Those were great teams.

BTW, as a UCLA fan, don't you miss the days of John Wooden and Lew Alcindor?
    He's only been a UCLA fan since the day UCLA hired one James Lawrence Mora