Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Any chance UW ever closes gap on Hawks in this town?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
Hawks ceiling going into season (and still is) a wild card and day one playoff exit with a franchise QB who is laying the groundwork to get out, a below average Defense led by a 70 year old coach who's calling card is said Defense.

Dawgs were picked by many to compete for (if not win) the North and a couple of National Guys had them as CFB potential contender.

Fast forward to this week and in only 2 months it's went off the rails so epically, UW fired their OC, HC has probably coached his last game and yet local sports radio and social media guys can't run over the Dawgs fast enough to get to Hawk talk.

Half Jokingly, if UW was to shut down the football program, would even that be the lead story if it happened during the football season?

I know everyone hates Jen, but is there a AD (or anyone for that matter) that can fix that structural issue?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,666 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Maybe Tennessee would be more popular than the Titans if they didn't suck
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

No. There isnt a major metro area that has an NFL team where the college team is more popular. This is dumb

Certainly not with that attitude
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

No. There isnt a major metro area that has an NFL team where the college team is more popular. This is dumb

To compound this... LA is turning into an NFL town because USC has been irrelevant ever since the Rams and Chargers moved in
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,964 Founders Club

Aren’t the Trojans and Raiders more popular in L.A. than the Rams or Chargers?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

USC has been drawing 50-55k fans while the Rams and Chargers are selling out every home game with 70k+
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,108 Founders Club
    My bolts are definitely more popular than the Aztecs.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,964 Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    NEsnake12 said:

USC has been drawing 50-55k fans while the Rams and Chargers are selling out every home game with 70k+
    What % are visiting fans at Chargers/ Rams games? I heard it today on ESPN radio that USC and Raiders are more popular than Rams and especially the Chargers.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2021

NEsnake12 said:

What % are visiting fans at Chargers/ Rams games? I heard it today on ESPN radio that USC and Raiders are more popular than Rams and especially the Chargers.
    That does help. I see friends of mine in LA go to the Rams/Chargers when their team is in town.

Rams are the LA team. Chargers are the red headed step brother.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,056

NEsnake12 said:

That does help. I see friends of mine in LA go to the Rams/Chargers when their team is in town.

Yep. A 6-6 USC team is more popular than a playoff bound Chargers team. It won't happen but they need to go back to San Diego.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737
    Even though they suck SC football culture is a bigger deal than the Rams in LA. NFL just gets 5x more publicity than CFB in 90% of America.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,108 Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Yep. A 6-6 USC team is more popular than a playoff bound Chargers team. It won't happen but they need to go back to San Diego.
    @coronabruin where's the California leadership to get my Bolts back to San Diego?