Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First interview question for the new OC:

Do you plan to use the wildcat?

I will miss it but that shit has to go.

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    His favorite was a dive into an 8 man box.... or perhaps a QB sneak on 4th and 2.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    LawDawg1 said:

His favorite was a dive into an 8 man box.... or perhaps a QB sneak on 4th and 2.

I swear every year the Ducks have stopped a 4th and short against a qb sneak or the wildcat without fail.

It’s Mario version of run left.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    For the love of god Ale!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

For the love of god Ale!

legit lol, should've been an easy first down

This picture sums up the Lake era perfectly
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yeah, but you guys are forgetting that Ale is a freakishly huge guy. Just a mountain of a teen boy with sublime 56" hips. Very underreported aspect of his background. Can't teach size!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,933
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, but you guys are forgetting that Ale is a freakishly huge guy. Just a mountain of a teen boy with sublime 56" hips. Very underreported aspect of his background. Can't teach size!

Just because something is big doesn’t guarantee it’ll get the job done.
  • Options

Bad coaching.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Just because something is big doesn’t guarantee it’ll get the job done.
    I tell myself that every night.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Bad coaching.
    I can show you another one that will hurt your eyes. This isn’t coaching:

That’s just being a bitch. He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. God knows I wanted him as a Duck too.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

Bad coaching.

That’s just being a bitch. He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. God knows I wanted him as a Duck too.
    Why is he lunging
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,549
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

Bad coaching.

Why is he lunging
    Watching Oregon and Washington's OLs is like night and day with how well they are schemed and execute. Though getting good double teams is a lot easier when you play against a two-man front when you're running the ball every play There has to be a Carson Breuner type that can emerge to fill one of the 4/5 holes they have on the OL, but none bigger than LG. As bad as Ale is I've seen him make some plays and I never saw Beulow do anything other than barely get out of his stance.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Bad coaching.

Why is he lunging
    Why is the fullback leading him to the D gap and the running back hits the C gap?

Why does Ale Ole?

How about the combo block on 91, the backside 5T, and leaving Culp against
    Thibodeaux? Curnes never peels off either to get the backside ILB.

I have watched this unmitigated disaster about 20 times and I find something new each time that makes me shake my head.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

lawsandl said:

Bad coaching.

Why is he lunging
    Watching Oregon and Washington's OLs is like night and day with how well they are schemed and execute. Though getting good double teams is a lot easier when you play against a two-man front when you're running the ball every play There has to be a Carson Breuner type that can emerge to fill one of the 4/5 holes they have on the OL, but none bigger than LG. As bad as Ale is I've seen him make some plays and I never saw Beulow do anything other than barely get out of his stance.
    I know UW fans don’t want to hear this but Big Joe really coaches up the DL. Once he sinks his teeth in and gets a guy for a couple years they play with great technique. On this play, it’s the backups on the interior DL.

Jayson Jones at the 1T resets the LOS against Wattenburg and everyone does a good job of not allowing the zone blockers to seal them by now allowing them to come across their back shoulders. Even on the combo Williams at the 5T hooks Bainivalu on his front side and seals Curnes so that can’t fit the 2nd level.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Bad coaching.

Why is he lunging
    I know UW fans don’t want to hear this but Big Joe really coaches up the DL. Once he sinks his teeth in and gets a guy for a couple years they play with great technique. On this play, it’s the backups on the interior DL.

Jayson Jones at the 1T resets the LOS against Wattenburg and everyone does a good job of not allowing the zone blockers to seal them by now allowing them to come across their back shoulders. Even on the combo Williams at the 5T hooks Bainivalu on his front side and seals Curnes so that can’t fit the 2nd level.
    Tl;dr
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huff should have been fired too
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021
    What the first question will most likely be:

What is your position on increasing diversity and equity with your coaching staff and football team?