Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So what changes with the offense? Doogman Pod.

Listened to the Doogman Pod where they mentioned being upset over members from the Hardcore Husky board calling them out. They actually got really defensive, Eklund especially. Even lumped the HH hero Mike Vorel into their shitty takes from Spring Ball. I'm not as active as some members, but good job to others - they're clearly self conscious about what ya'll think :D

They brought up a few points:

They say the offense is what it is. They (UW) spent all Spring and Summer working on the offense to get to this point.

The offense doesn't have to be what it is. They could make the choice to open it up. It will be very telling if the offense continues to suck and the play calls continue to mirror what we've seen because it means Jimmy is too immersed in the offense and it wasn't really Jon Don's fault. I expect to at least see a variation of what we've seen and hopefully to positive results. If not, we know the culprit.

Eklund thinks they will burn Huards redshirt because if he'll either transfer or be good enough to not stick around for 5 years. The others think Huard only gets in there if Morris gets hurt.

Jimmy would send a clear message to the UW faithful about making adjustments and the future if he benched Morris for Huard. I agree, fuck his redshirt. Change the direction of the program now and excite the fan base in the process.

They note that Junior Adams was the offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky so he has some experience. They wonder if he's just the next man up and if Lake will still put his fingers in the cookie jar that is the offense so not much will change.
Western Kentucky ran a spread offense, clearly influenced by his time at Eastern. They threw the ball like crazy, finishing 7th in the country in passing yards per game. Lord knows we can use a balance of that. Again, hopefully Jimmy lets Adams have a little bit of freedom.

They also don't understand why Sean McGrew, a 5'7 180 LB RB is the primary option at running back, especially short yardage. They wonder if UW will stop this nonsense of forcibly running left dives immediately after 2 successful plays, ruining what could have been a good drive.
Yeah, no shit. Where in the fuck is Kamari Pleasant? Hopefully McGrew was a Jon Don thing and we see others get carries in these situations. And why UW loves to kill what look like quality drives with shitty, telegraphed runs, the world may never know. Hopefully that's a Jon Dong as well.

They note the regression of the TE's, QB and OL and wonder if a change will help, but aren't optimistic.
Not sure I see a big change here. But change can elevate the mood of the team. It certainly cannot get worse.

Comments