Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can someone explain this defense ? Oregon will destroy UW

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited October 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board

Corners are locked in man. If there’s two Corners in NCAA football you want to be on an island it’s Gordon and McDuffie…Bookie is one of the best tacklers on the team and an athletic Nickel. He is 15 yards away from the only open receiver. Why didn’t he flash and drop back at least

….and it’s 2 and 4 free first down

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2021

Another example of Lake not stuffing the box. Clearly a running situation. And you have one of your safeties 15 yards back. Shaw has 10 people lined up against 8 and McDuffie had to move Smalls over into play. Overall a short gain but a team with less talent like WSU would have stuffed this play for no gain or a loss.

Stanford goes down to kick… 3-0

Talent wise this is a one or 2 loss team at worse right now. Scheme and coaching 2-6
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    That first play you pictured just about caused me to turn the game off before it really started. That was everything wrong with UW in a nutshell.

In fairness they did make some adjustments, took thise throws away, and responded to the heavy run formation as the game went on. All Furd had to do though was to stick to more of a spread formation to scare the safeties back and pretty much anything they wanted to do out of it would work.

Oregon doesn’t destroy anyone.

Oregon will keep UWs defense guessing and that's all it takes. When they guess right they still won't be able to contain Brown. Quook nation is going to be all worked up until the annual losses to Babushka and whomever is coaching WSU.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Corners are locked in man. If there’s two Corners in NCAA football you want to be on an island it’s Gordon and McDuffie…Bookie is one of the best tacklers on the team and an athletic Nickel. He is 15 yards away from the only open receiver. Why didn’t he flash and drop back at least

….and it’s 2 and 4 free first down

The two deep safeties against wildcat was baffling.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,458 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    Canadawg said:

I compared this to the last series on defense.
    The linebackers are way to bunched. What the actual fuck? Even if they spread out 2 feet, they stop that play and Stanford punts. Also looking at the play the safety could have flashed and back pedaled. Horrible fucking defense. And did Stanford even have receivers playing?

Canadawg said:

The linebackers are way to bunched. What the actual fuck? Even if they spread out 2 feet, they stop that play and Stanford punts. Also looking at the play the safety could have flashed and back pedaled. Horrible fucking defense. And did Stanford even have receivers playing?
    I dont see how the lbs would have affected the play?
    edited October 2021
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I dont see how the lbs would have affected the play?
    Watch the last series it's sort of similar. Basically they leave a wise open receiver with no threat to cover. Stanford's qb does a pre snap read knows where he's going with the ball. With a LB spread out he's more of a threat to the qb. It's not a tough defense to play against. To Lakes credit he fixed some of this throughout the game
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Huskies are winning out

HTH

Oregon will run for 200+ yards. But there's still a chance.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

HuskyJW said:

Huskies are winning out

HTH

Oregon is still only the tallest midget in the PAC 12. UW’s secondary and Brown is an advantage for UW. The good news for Oregon is when Brown misses it doesn’t usually go to the other team.
    lawsandl said:

HuskyJW said:

Huskies are winning out

HTH

Oregon is still only the tallest midget in the PAC 12. UW’s secondary and Brown is an advantage for UW. The good news for Oregon is when Brown misses it doesn’t usually go to the other team.
    Brown isn't an advantage for UW. Have you seen how poorly the defense fares against mobile QBs? He doesn't even have to throw.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,674
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

HuskyJW said:

Huskies are winning out

HTH

Brown isn't an advantage for UW. Have you seen how poorly the defense fares against mobile QBs? He doesn't even have to throw.
    Have you seen how he still does?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    This was Hiles second snap at Safety and he lined up and played incorrectly. This defense was a cover 0 full man. Hiles backpedals and looks into the backfield like he is playing zone safety.

I didnt see any more egregious mistakes like this from him during live play.

IMO Hiles looks good as a safety/nickel/striker and adds a ton more versatility to the defense. Should have been playing there from the start of the season. Hope he puts in the work I could see him playing like a Molden, Myles Bryant, or poor mans Buddha at the position.

I still dont really get why he left Oklahoma though.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,186

HuskyJW said:

Huskies are winning out

HTH

Oregon will run for 300+ yards. But there's still a chance.
    fixed