Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

History

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
edited October 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    for some reason I think I was golfing that day and listening to the game on radio - Joe Steele fumble as UW was driving to basically end the game? I could, odds are, be wrong
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,399
    I listened to it as I “prepared” to go to my high school homecoming…no pics, no coitus, victory or otherwise…
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

for some reason I think I was golfing that day and listening to the game on radio - Joe Steele fumble as UW was driving to basically end the game? I could, odds are, be wrong

It wasn't on TV

Defending Rose Bowl champs vs. Bama
    Also I recall Gaines drops but not a Steele fumble
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,106 Founders Club
    I miss America damn it!
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 762
    Incredible that the game wasn't televised. At least considering today's sisters of the poor (e.g. UW) get all their games televised.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    Damn - I remembered the fumble correctly
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,703 Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    It was a great game ~ the game started off as an apparent mismatch as Alabama relentlessly bullied the dawgs throughout the first third of the game ~ however, the Dwags stayed in the game on the scoreboard and in the third quarter everyone in the stands could feel the momentum shift as the dawgs started to assert their power game... as the 4th quarter evolved, the Dawgs were systematically dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and as they were driving for what would have been the game winning score, everyone in the stands [and on both sidelines] was convinced the dawgs were going to win the game.

The great thing about the game was the classic demonstration of baddass hardcore Husky mental and physical toughness against what was then thought to be the number one power program in the country... and was I think a real turning point in affirming the power culture that james was seeking to create on the national stage.

Race is right, this is Dawgs history 101.
    I flew back from Oklahoma to see the Bear at unremodeled and unexpanded Husky Stadium. Talk about a hot ticket

Just to see the Bear pregame leaning against the Husky Stadium goalpost. I like to think he was burning a heater but by 1978 probably not.

Watching some of the show linked here it looks like our DAWGS handled that wishbone pretty good. Agree with @DawgsCanDance , we thought we could beat them.

Funny tidbit from the Bear Bryant show on the field goal that put UW up 10-7

I was surprised when they called it good. I'm sure it was good it just looked to me like it went under the bar. But it was good. They said it was

You actually need closed captioning for most of his mumbling
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,106 Founders Club

I flew back from Oklahoma to see the Bear at unremodeled and unexpanded Husky Stadium. Talk about a hot ticket

Just to see the Bear pregame leaning against the Husky Stadium goalpost. I like to think he was burning a heater but by 1978 probably not.

Watching some of the show linked here it looks like our DAWGS handled that wishbone pretty good. Agree with @DawgsCanDance , we thought we could beat them.

Funny tidbit from the Bear Bryant show on the field goal that put UW up 10-7

I was surprised when they called it good. I'm sure it was good it just looked to me like it went under the bar. But it was good. They said it was

You actually need closed captioning for most of his mumbling

I liked the part where the Bear said UW fans were classy, but Nebraska not so much.

He's still the greatest corch of all time IMHO.

3 natties in white boy only, single platoon football.

3 natties in desegregated, double platoon football.