Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
    Franklin is a Petersen type adult to run a program with 9 to 11 wins a year and the occasional run to near glory

Better than Lake but meh
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    I trust USC to make the wrong decision again
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588

How amazing would it be if they hired away Jimmy Lake and saved UW the buyout like they did with Sark.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021

Franklin is a Petersen type adult to run a program with 9 to 11 wins a year and the occasional run to near glory

Better than Lake but meh

I think he’s way more willing to let guys recruit dirty and also fire his staff when necessary.

At usc that may put you in the top 10 every year.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    USC just needs to focus on recruiting CA and running the ball with a good D.

Fucking christ man. The AIR RAID? At SC? The only school that can consistently get blue chip linemen in the conference?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161
    HFNY said:

How amazing would it be if they hired away Jimmy Lake and saved UW the buyout like they did with Sark.
    it would be like lighting striking me twice on the same day i hit the powerball.
    Pat Forde

Penn State’s offense (2). A promising season has limped into the disappointment zone, and it could get worse from here. Since quarterback Sean Clifford went down with an injury against Iowa on Oct. 9, the Nittany Lions have scored 13 points in just less than seven full quarters of regulation play. They have three scoring drives in their last 22 regulation possessions, and one of those went only 23 yards after the Penn State defense produced a takeaway. And most importantly, they’re 0–2.

It’s a sobering commentary on the program’s quarterback depth when Clifford was the best option against Illinois while still obviously hurting two weeks after being injured against Iowa. An open date neither healed the senior nor elevated his backups to being game-ready, even when the opponent was 2–5 Illinois.

Of course, it would help if Penn State could run the ball even a little bit and force defenses to play them more honestly. Illinois held the Nittany Lions to 2.14 yards per carry, their lowest of the season. James Franklin couldn’t count on Clifford’s normal running ability—he had a career-worst minus-28 rushing yards—and the running back tandem of Noah Cain and Keyvone Lee couldn’t pick up the slack.

If Clifford doesn’t return to full health and spark the Penn State offense, good luck in upcoming games against Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    It’s pretty telling that Clifford is their best option at QB.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

It’s pretty telling that Clifford is their best option at QB.

Their offense has always sucked except when Barkley and that one qb were there. Moorehead also left and is doing a good job at Oregon from what I can tell. Franklin definitely sucks at offense.
    They miss Donovan

Moorehead was a bone head against UCLA

Almost let Brown blow it
    From SI

Penn State head coach James Franklin has changed agents and joined Creative Arts Agency, according to FootballScoop's John Brice.

Franklin will now be represented by agent Jimmy Sexton.

The change in agents comes as Franklin stands as one of the leading candidates to fill USC's head coaching vacancy. He joins Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, Kirby Smart and Steve Sarkisian among coaches represented by Sexton.

USC is one of many notable coaching jobs that will be open ahead of the 2022 season. USC and LSU will be looking for a new coach, as will Washington State, Texas Tech and UConn.

Franklin is 65–30 in eight seasons at Penn State. The Nittany Lions are 5–2 in 2021 following Saturday's loss to Illinois.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

From SI

Penn State head coach James Franklin has changed agents and joined Creative Arts Agency, according to FootballScoop's John Brice.

Franklin will now be represented by agent Jimmy Sexton.

The change in agents comes as Franklin stands as one of the leading candidates to fill USC's head coaching vacancy. He joins Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, Kirby Smart and Steve Sarkisian among coaches represented by Sexton.

USC is one of many notable coaching jobs that will be open ahead of the 2022 season. USC and LSU will be looking for a new coach, as will Washington State, Texas Tech and UConn.

Franklin is 65–30 in eight seasons at Penn State. The Nittany Lions are 5–2 in 2021 following Saturday's loss to Illinois.

I think he represents Willie T. also.