Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW vs UCLA gifs Special Education ADHD meanderings edition.

HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Just sperging out a few gifs...

Pleasant isn't very good but he plays hard and doesn't make things worse... Kudus for his effort

Great random play example of the impossible assignments to the ILB/Nickel thanks to Asa/Safety play and scheme... The ILB/nickel have to hedge run against UCLAs much stronger run formation (6 OL/TE vs 4 DL) + pistol so they step forward on the play action and then are expected to cover the 20 fucking yard area behind them that Asa Turner is furiously backpedaling out of. There is not a ILB linebacker in the fucking country that could cover this assignment against an extremely undermanned defensive front, DTR/Chardonay play action, and then cover 20 yards deep on 1st down.

MorrisFS... its 3rd and 4 on your own 20 dumbfuck... You know Otton is going to run a little out/stick route with guaranteed outside leverage, just hit him for the first down. I dont know how you justify this throw unless a coach is telling him to just rip it deep before the snap... This entire play is a really basic stick concept where the QB's primary read is the leverage of the 3rd inside WR (Otton). The Vertical route is not even an option from the start because its being played by a non pressing safety in man coverage. There is no excuse to throw the vertical here. This is actually a good playcall for this situation against the UCLA man blitz for a 4 yard first down.

Really great throw by Morris, really great job by Rome to bend his route into the defender to create space in the corner for the catch.

Moar.

Asa Bad at EVERYTHING

Should have been a TD

Asa continues to play worse than Tripper Johnson, Jake Lockner would make a better safety, right now. The OL is shockingly bad and regularly missed basic assignments. Morris makes some really nice throws and then decides to close his eyes and just rip it like a retard. The WR group is the best since Ross/Pettis, they still are just okish. ILB/Nickel continue to be asked to do the impossible. DL is too boring to breakdown or make gifs but maybe next week I look for Smalls.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Great block by Kamari getting the defender on the ground … adds 10 yards to the play #Execution

2) Most here could make that throw … that’s a 7v7 shell drill for a college QB … imagine if you play robber every once in a while and that auto read from the QB becomes an INT

3) What’s even worse on the missed throw to Cade is that the coverage creates an opportunity for a big play with a broken tackle

The other thing that stands out is the lazy route up top keeping the defender in place limiting the space for Cade … running an in route there becomes a clean route in a zone and a clear out route for the out against man

4) Rome does a great job bending the route in that allows plenty of room to the outside for Morris to make a throw … Morris puts the throw where it needs to be

5) The hit gets the pub here but it’s the read/react to the throw that puts Bookie in position

6) Asa just flat out burned

7) There’s not a safety anywhere to be found to the field … it’s criminal to not throw that ball to space … missed that throw to the inside by at least 5 yards
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why do you think Kamari isn't very good?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    Kamari has always been a good blocker. Check out Colorado 2017 when he was a freshman and played FB blocking for Ahmed the whole game.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Just sperging out a few gifs...

Pleasant isn't very good but he plays hard and doesn't make things worse... Kudus for his effort

Great random play example of the impossible assignments to the ILB/Nickel thanks to Asa/Safety play and scheme... The ILB/nickel have to hedge run against UCLAs much stronger run formation (6 OL/TE vs 4 DL) + pistol so they step forward on the play action and then are expected to cover the 20 fucking yard area behind them that Asa Turner is furiously backpedaling out of. There is not a ILB linebacker in the fucking country that could cover this assignment against an extremely undermanned defensive front, DTR/Chardonay play action, and then cover 20 yards deep on 1st down.

MorrisFS... its 3rd and 4 on your own 20 dumbfuck... You know Otton is going to run a little out/stick route with guaranteed outside leverage, just hit him for the first down. I dont know how you justify this throw unless a coach is telling him to just rip it deep before the snap... This entire play is a really basic stick concept where the QB's primary read is the leverage of the 3rd inside WR (Otton). The Vertical route is not even an option from the start because its being played by a non pressing safety in man coverage. There is no excuse to throw the vertical here. This is actually a good playcall for this situation against the UCLA man blitz for a 4 yard first down.

Really great throw by Morris, really great job by Rome to bend his route into the defender to create space in the corner for the catch.

Moar.

Asa Bad at EVERYTHING

Should have been a TD

Asa continues to play worse than Tripper Johnson, Jake Lockner would make a better safety, right now. The OL is shockingly bad and regularly missed basic assignments. Morris makes some really nice throws and then decides to close his eyes and just rip it like a retard. The WR group is the best since Ross/Pettis, they still are just okish. ILB/Nickel continue to be asked to do the impossible. DL is too boring to breakdown or make gifs but maybe next week I look for Smalls.

We've found our new coach. @Houhusky
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

The only things he does "good" is hustle and block.

Otherwise he is a pretty below average Pac12 RB that doesnt have great vision, quickness, speed, balance, power, or catching ability.

Polk, Sankey, and Gaskin were a completely different level.

Rankin, Washington, and Ahmed were significantly better RBs.

He is probably the most limited UW RB to get significant carries since 0-12 2008 Terrance Daily?

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Pleasant and Mcgrew returned as 6th year seniors, they are some of the few guys playing like they care and not regularly fucking up. They just aren't really all that good. If the team was actually good it would be a probable, instead there are about 69 other more important issues.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Otherwise he is a pretty below average Pac12 RB that doesnt have great vision, quickness, speed, balance, power, or catching ability.

He is probably the most limited UW RB to get significant carries since 0-12 2008 Terrance Daily?

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Pleasant and Mcgrew returned as 6th year seniors, they are some of the few guys playing like they care and not regularly fucking up. They just aren't really all that good. If the team was actually good it would be a probable, instead there are about 69 other more important issues.
    You're just flat out wrong on Pleasant. The only correct part was thst Polk, Sankey and Gaskin were better. All a matter if opinion though.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

You're just flat out wrong on Pleasant. The only correct part was thst Polk, Sankey and Gaskin were better. All a matter if opinion though.
    His best highlight is him throwing a block. Nuff said on that.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I've noticed a few times where Morris appeared to decide "fuck it, I'm going deep" before the snap.

Pleasant has been playing extremely hard. When you are a 6th year player going against mediocre/bad and young defense playing hard can get an average RB a long ways.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

I don’t think he’s really any worse physically than the other backs we have. He’s big. He’s not necessarily slow, but he’s somewhat stiff. It’s not ideal, but him and McGrew are easily the best. Pleasant is a decent receiver too and can block.

He’s also running with confidence and is the hot hand right now.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This play was just awful designed. The WR at the top should have vacated that zone. By hunkering down as an outlet he kept his defender in the area to effectively cover him and bracket Otton. If Morris checks down to Cade its either a bang-bang play with Otton getting sandwiched or possibly a pick. Just JonDon level stupid.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I haven't even watched the gaymes and I know Asa is terrible.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Please post the horrible running plays by McGrew on the inside the 10. These plays should be enough to not allow he to touch the ball anymore.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    alumni94 said:

Please post the horrible running plays by McGrew on the inside the 10. These plays should be enough to not allow he to touch the ball anymore.

I don't blame McGrew so much for those, nobodies getting anything running into 10 man boxes.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don't know why they aren't getting more creative and using McGrew out of the backfield in the passing game.

Pleasant and Newton should be the guys for the short yardage situations.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HFNY said:

I don't know why they aren't getting more creative and using McGrew out of the backfield in the passing game.

Wild McGrew is our best short yardage option
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I haven't even watched the gaymes and I know Asa is terrible.

I don't blame Asa. I blame Jimmy. #FireJimmy
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

alumni94 said:

I don't blame McGrew so much for those, nobodies getting anything running into 10 man boxes.
    There was a hole as wide as a truck and he ran into his own player and fell down. Then on the power sweep he had opportunity to cutup field, but let the defense extend the play and didn't in the endzone. It was horrible running.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Pleasant is a very good receiver and a bigger target. With the way the running game has clicked with him in over the last couple of games I would only be taking him off the field when he needs a rest.