Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rating Lake's Coaching Staff, Who Stays and Who Goes

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

In the article he calls for Will Harris to be retained because he's a "future head coach" and also calls for Keith Bonerpopper to be retained because he's a "great recruiter"

When Pete quit and jimmy took over he called for jimmy to hire Pete as the quarterbacks coach.
  • Options
    Sources said:

I would rather just shut the program down. We clearly don’t care about winning

I honestly would be fine with that. It could stop my addiction. Another year of lake is a temporary form of that at least.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Junior Adams and Malloe.

Maybe Keith B and Will Harris (the DBs haven't been the problem).
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Junior Adams and Malloe.

How can they be when you protect them dating the team to expose the linebackers in coverage or just run damn ball. And safety has been a problem for almost 3 years now.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the article he calls for Will Harris to be retained because he's a "future head coach" and also calls for Keith Bonerpopper to be retained because he's a "great recruiter"

Is Dan Raley talking about the same Huskies as we are? Maybe UConn is who he's watching.

I've recruited as well as Harris has the last three years, and next year with Bookie/Trent/Kyler gone, we are going to see why we want to play 1/2 high safety 18 yards off the los.

KB a great recruiter? Maybe For other teams in the Pac-12 who sign elite rb's....

Donovan is gone, that's not even a debate at this point. Huff should be gone as should Harris and KB as well.

We all know Gregory should be relieved of his duties as well, but imo Jimmy is going to leave him on staff as if he doesn't that means he has to admit his defense has sucked ass the last two years as well which JL doesn't want to do.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HFNY said:

Junior Adams and Malloe.

The days of the highly recruited UW corner will be over very soon.

Harris is about to be exposed.

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fire all those muthafuckas, including the strength coach and the team nutritionist who've got our linemen moving slower than Fetters through the buffet line at the Golden Corral.

Except Malloe.

Those back-to-back DL classes rose the bar regardless of whether all those 4-stars are playing to their potential on this sinking ship.

Keep him for sure
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would keep Socha. The linemen body changes are a little baffling. It may not be Socha's fault tho. Jimmy may have told him we want to be "Big" on the lines and Socha is just doing what he was told to do. I think his past work deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fire all those muthafuckas, including the strength coach and the team nutritionist who've got our linemen moving slower than Fetters through the buffet line at the Golden Corral.

Except Malloe.

Those back-to-back DL classes rose the bar regardless of whether all those 4-stars are playing to their potential on this sinking ship.

Keep him for sure

I pace myself to take in all the sights and smells of the buffet line offerings you insensitive pig!
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Jimmy couldn't make good hires the first time around.

There is zero chance Lakes hires anyone worth while given his abilities, zero connections, and the significantly worse position he is in now.

Any hires/replacements will have to be shot in the dark no names and retreads
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

I would keep Socha. The linemen body changes are a little baffling. It may not be Socha's fault tho. Jimmy may have told him we want to be "Big" on the lines and Socha is just doing what he was told to do. I think his past work deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

I've been wondering for a while what the hell happened to Socha. It's hard to avoid crediting the S&C staff when they come in and take a bunch of Boise recruits and 9-win upperclassmen and have them in the playoffs in two years. Guys like Gaines, Dissly, DJ Beavers*, 5th year seniors who you thought would suddenly senior but came out of nowhere to be suddenly useful.

Then 2018.

Then REALLY 2019.

I had no idea how to explain that last one. The roster was always going to be young at certain position groups due to the staff taking whole years off in recruiting, but I just didn't get how badly they were pushed around, gashed on the ground, unable to open a hole, etc. And the real damning development was how badly they would get their asses kicked in the 4th quarter, blowing a lead against Oregon, etc. I seriously started wondering if something was wrong with S&C. The cynic in me started to think there were internal audits of out of control rhino cum consumption that led to a quiet behind the scenes ban.

The combine bench press results should have told us all we needed to know. It was brushed aside as the result of requiring full, deep reps or something, but I never bought that. These kids aren't lifting like they used to.

*Surprised the hell out of me how well he played when he came in to relieve broken Victor. That was my, "Okay, I trust that this staff is just going to have any player who's had a couple years in the program ready to play" moment. Why 2019 was so fucking baffling to me: "A negative-two-star linebacker looks fucking all-conference off the bench in 2016, but now you can't make Letuligasenoa and Taimani look good in year two? You can put Nick Harris in the league but can't do shit with Henry Bainivalu?"
    The strength and conditioning seen on the field and in testing smacks of Jimmy adjusting the program to behave more like NFL "management" combined with covid indoor activity excuses.

The lockdown bubble should have been the weight room, film room, and training table, instead they all look like they were locked down in their triple dorms playing madden and eating whatever HFS pushed out all off season.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,610
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Except Malloe.

Keep him for sure

I pace myself to take in all the sights and smells of the buffet line offerings you insensitive pig!
    Nobody else can smell anything but your leaky ass you greasy ball of blubber!