Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Get him the damn ball?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My thoughts on him last year were that he looks to have impressive ability...quickness, moves, power, and hands...but is too tentative and slow to hit the hole. No such issues this year. When he hesitates its because he's making a move to open a hole where he sees space into the second level. He's been decisive. He finishes runs furiously. I can't see anything not to love. He's good.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One thing we as fans love to do is assume players have a linear trajectory. He wasn't great 2 years ago but got a lot better. Awesome.

I do see similarities to the way Gaskin, Mcgrew and Pleasant pick their way through gaps. Not necessarily at top speed like Newton does running into people but with tempo and constantly moving forward and falling forward when tackled. Good RB coach?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

My thoughts on him last year were that he looks to have impressive ability...quickness, moves, power, and hands...but is too tentative and slow to hit the hole. No such issues this year. When he hesitates its because he's making a move to open a hole where he sees space into the second level. He's been decisive. He finishes runs furiously. I can't see anything not to love. He's good.

He is one of the only guys who is still playing hard out there from start to finish.

I give him a lot of credit. He could have easily packed it in instead he is fighting for every meaningless yard.

The coaches have really let him down.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He’s been very good this year. I will admit I had given up on him. He’s had a weird career.

Agreed. I thought he would be a guy they would forgo his sixth year along with Bronson but he has seemed to resurrect his career.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What’s our average yards per rush if you take him out of the equasion?
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He's been here for 6 years. I would hope so.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There was not a lot of room to run through there. Dude is balling out. I love when Lake takes him out near the goal line so McGrew can run between the tackles.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Please give him the ball.

Drew proved that he shouldn't be the starter after the shit show on 1st and goal drive. There was a hole big enough for a freight train and he still couldn't score.