Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MC QB mistakes

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

First off Herbert fell into his lap and as much as he tried to suppress his abilities, Herbert was talented enough to win games despite MC.

TS, and absolute disaster under MC. Total loss of confidence last year turned him into a basket case on the field. Has had his ups and downs at TT but can actually throw downfield without looking like a spaz, unlike at Oregon.

AB, no 6th year SR should be this bad at decision making and seeing the field and still be your starting QB. Last night was awful. I do not give a crap about completion %. Cal was giving him the short stuff all night and he obliged them with a bunch of meaningless completions, behind the chains on 3rd down all night. Pathetic.

So instead of having a starter that can get you up 3 scores against inferior opponents so TT can get some game Reps going into next year, you get nail biters against 1-4 teams because you insist AB is your “best chance to win”. And next year your great plan is to throw an inexperienced QB into the starting role.

FFS.

Comments

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2021
    If I give MC the benefit of the doubt, then I have to be disappointed in the actual quality of our cache of stud QBs.

My criticisms (posted here) of Shough last year were that he didn’t see the whole field. Now we’re onto a new QB with the same issue. Makes me think there’s more to it than who our starter is.

We should be 2 scores up in all these games, and eventually one of these bad teams is going to take advantage. We’ve been lucky so far. I’m 100% Cal had a play dialed up and ready to go for two of things ended differently last night.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ramenduck said:

If I give MC the benefit of the doubt, then I have to be disappointed in the actual quality of our cache of stud QBs.

My criticisms (posted here) of Shough last year were that he didn’t see the whole field. Now we’re onto a new QB with the same issue. Makes me think there’s more to it than who our starter is.

We should be 2 scores up in all these games, and eventually one of these bad teams is going to take advantage. We’ve been lucky so far. I’m 100% Cal had a play dialed up and ready to go for two of things ended differently last night.

One of these bad teams already took advantage.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    It isn't fucking rocket surgery. What we see is real. The first drive of the Don Pellum as DC era told anyone with half a brain that we? were fucked. Cristobal destroyed the Oregon offense the minute he got the job. Willie Taggart's offenses were fucking fantastic in comparison.

Things go in cycles, but you can't break the wheel, you have to move with it. The best coaches recognize before others what degree the game is at. CMC thinks he can advance the game by going backwards; instead of actually waiting for the right time to do what he wants to do he forces it and fuck everything else. Toby Gerhart isn't walking through that door.

Cuban Orgeron isn't going to fat finger his way into a natty like you can at LSU.

UCLA has the best run D in the conference and ballz going to run up the gut 27 times for 3.8 ypc and then talk at the losing team's press conference about how tuff they are.

Just win you dumb fuck.

Yeah, I used a semi colon.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Ab has better numbers here than BC and Shough was making the same mistakes at Texas Tech... both are just bad qbs
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Goduckies said:

Ab has better numbers here than BC and Shough was making the same mistakes at Texas Tech... both are just bad qbs

Didn’t shough get benched at tech like week 3?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I have zero issues with our offensive scheme. Moorhead scores points with limited QB and RB rooms.

My biggest issue in the MC era has been recruiting and talent evaluation at those two spots. I will say that Dye gets every ounce of production out of his 5-9 180 frame, and that AB has looked like a good QB for a total of 7 quarters of football this year, so there’s that.

He has yet to put together an entire half of football this year, though.

Both of those 4Q interceptions were really bad decisions yesterday.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Goduckies said:

Didn’t shough get benched at tech like week 3?
    Broke collarbone on a patented pick 6