Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A real OC would find a way to get this guy more involved

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club
    dnc said:
    I'm optimistic about his future, but.... most of his targets came against Arkansas State
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,050 Founders Club

dnc said:
    I'm optimistic about his future, but.... most of his targets came against Arkansas State
    How much of that is him playing great against a shitty opponent and how much of it is Morris?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I noticed the receivers in the Michigan game which remains the only game I have seen. They look good

Morris doesn't

Bring on Sam
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

I noticed the receivers in the Michigan game which remains the only game I have seen. They look good

Morris doesn't

Bring on Sam
    ISHIT
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Morris is broken and an anchor to the offense
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more WR sweeps with MMcMillan or Bynum or Odunze too I guess. Only ran them early in the season and with Jackson who looked like he had cement in his cleats. Feels like it would be a way to get the ball in better Wrs hands when your OL struggles to pass protect and your QB has no vision.

Then again I’m sure if they did it it would just be automatic 6 yard losses.

The fly sweep has been there for the taking pretty much every time they fake it. You're probably right though, that handing it to someone besides Jackson would bring on a big loss as the defense might actually pay attention to it.
  • EastCoastDoogEastCoastDoog Member Posts: 98
    We’re more concerned with forcing the ball to Devin Culp so we can give him a courtesy game ball after he makes an ordinary 5 catches
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    chuck said:

All of the receivers are playing well and three of them, Bynum, McMillan, and Odunze look poised to bust some big plays. It takes more than 2-3 touches though.

We know they are open too and not just against Arky State.

Edit...I'm on the start Sam train now. He's a quick read, aggressive QB by nature. He threw picks in camp because he'll sling the ball downfield. He's the key to keeping some semblance of a talented offense going into next season. Nothing is going to change with Morris.

Imagine Brownsocks with these receivers and not the mighty midgets he had.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,615

Morris is broken and an anchor to the offense

I'm not sure I totally blame Morris (at least yet). The OL hasn't met expectations and beyond having him as his OC, his QB coach is JonDon as well.

UCLA has a putrid pass defense so Morris better do well or else he truly has regressed. He looked much better last year.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,867
    Its not about how good your players are. Its about who falls in line with jimmys losing ways.