Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Jimmy Lake excuse game

Last year when recruiting started to fall apart
"Just wait until visits open up!" - Jimmy

Visits opened up, he only schedules OVs for one weekend, and a third of the commits decommit
"I attribute it to young high school kids. Wait until the season starts!" - Jimmy

Season starts, loses to Montana and Oregon State and recruiting has flatlined
"I'm happy with the guys we've recruited since 2014. We're recruiting at a level to meet our goals" - Jimmy

Comments

• MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What’s the goal?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What’s the goal?

I'll probably get called a Doog but this was one of the more meaningful wins that had happened in the previous decade for me. We went to the fucking Zaxby's Heart of Dallas bowl and played a tough, shit-talking Southern Miss team that pretty much every UW team in the last decade would have rolled over and just taken it in the ass from. The fact we actually battled and won showed me that Coach Pete at least knew how to motivate the players and get them to buy in. It signaled to me that maybe we were turning the corner, which we were.
    Doog.

Nah, you're point is fine with me.. There were signs things were coming around. The defense found its nasty over the course of the season and there weren't many teams who would have wanted to face UW with anything important on the line. The metrics said that UW was on the rise and the metrics were right that time.

The bowl game was kind of a no win situation. Win and it was just Southern Miss. Fail to get up and lose and UW ends the season with a momentum killing loss to Southern Miss. That was an important game to win even if it looks trivial at a glance. Maybe it's trivial now given the thud that occurred since.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

What’s the goal?

I'll probably get called a Doog but this was one of the more meaningful wins that had happened in the previous decade for me. We went to the fucking Zaxby's Heart of Dallas bowl and played a tough, shit-talking Southern Miss team that pretty much every UW team in the last decade would have rolled over and just taken it in the ass from. The fact we actually battled and won showed me that Coach Pete at least knew how to motivate the players and get them to buy in. It signaled to me that maybe we were turning the corner, which we were.
    Doog.

Nah, you're point is fine with me.. There were signs things were coming around. The defense found its nasty over the course of the season and there weren't many teams who would have wanted to face UW with anything important on the line. The metrics said that UW was on the rise and the metrics were right that time.

The bowl game was kind of a no win situation. Win and it was just Southern Miss. Fail to get up and lose and UW ends the season with a momentum killing loss to Southern Miss. That was an important game to win even if it looks trivial at a glance. Maybe it's trivial now given the thud that occurred since.
    That Southern Miss team could really throw the ball. A lot of people here acted like Gardenhire always sucked. Other than that game, I always thought he was pretty good. However, in that game, he was getting destroyed.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,431
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

You mean like the Arizona State game? ;)
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

That Southern Miss team could really throw the ball. A lot of people here acted like Gardenhire always sucked. Other than that game, I always thought he was pretty good. However, in that game, he was getting destroyed.
    They had a decent passing game but I never felt like they should be in that game with UW. It was an uninteresting matchup.

The only fun thing about that game was that our bowl was going on at the same time as Cuoglet's, so if you were in the same bar as them you got all sorts of cunty stuff going on since they thought they were better than us even with the 44 to -10 Apple Cup.

One drunk, like 60 something cuoglet, ran up to the husky section of the pub and yelled "Cmon Huskies, beat Mississippi!" Like that was some kind of shot considering they were playing a lame duck Miami team that had just fired their coach.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,804
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

What’s the goal?

Couldn’t agree more. I want to say the end of that year they ran off a few consecutive wins to get bowl eligible or something. It was becoming fun to watch again. You could definitely see the momentum building and the potential for a strong season the next year.

Well, fun while it lasted.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.
    Then you're stupid. But we already knew that. *faggy wink*
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.
    Explain it then and show all of "us" (since you said "we" and I assume you don't just mean the one or two other morons shouting with you from the little island you're isolated on) how that makes me the stupid one. They had a come from ahead loss to ASU. If you're saying that disproves anything I wrote then you're more of a simpleton hillbilly than I thought (big business exec lol...right).

If you think it somehow supports what I said then do please explain.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.
    Explain it then and show all of "us" (since you said "we" and I assume you don't just mean the one or two other morons shouting with you from the little island you're isolated on) how that makes me the stupid one. They had a come from ahead loss to ASU. If you're saying that disproves anything I wrote then you're more of a simpleton hillbilly than I thought (big business exec lol...right).

You and a bunch of other morons defend Petersen's shitty years as if a bad season under him is any different than a bad season under any other husky coach.

You defend K who facts show was over fucking rated.

A bunch of doogs on this site think about him when he had Mathis for a shitty non conference schedule, dying Stanford, and REAL Oregon for one season.

Because you're all stupid try hard doogs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.

You and a bunch of other morons defend Petersen's shitty years as if a bad season under him is any different than a bad season under any other husky coach.

A bunch of doogs on this site think about him when he had Mathis for a shitty non conference schedule, dying Stanford, and REAL Oregon for one season.

No one here epitomizes the triumvirate of stupid, try hard and doog more than you.

HTH.

Pete stepping down broke your brain.

Sad.

• dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2021
    Hijacked fucking thread. Back to Jimmy recruiting excuses.

Jimmy's goal is "work life balance" for him and his coaches.

He has said it many times.

That ends up translating to lazy recruiting and game planning.

His eventual replacement (he's getting 4 years) is going to be doomed working with a MWC caliber roster.

Hijacked fucking thread. Back to Jimmy recruiting excuses.

Jimmy's goal is "work life balance" for him and his coaches.

He has said it many times.

That ends up translating to lazy recruiting and game planning.

His eventual replacement (he's getting 4 years) is going to be doomed working with a MWC caliber roster.

3 years I'd guess
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

What’s the goal?

Doog.

No.

You are unhinged and I kick myself for engaging. I don't do any of what you said, nor do others here. It's possible to acknowledge both the good things and bad things that came out of the Petersen era, just not for you. You're just really dense and one track minded dude and know no other way than to keep on stomping your feet, flailing your arms and shouting about it.

Personally I think the fact that you've had some support for this campaign from a couole of posters is what broke your brain. You don't get much in the way of positive response about anything else you post on here so you keep trying to recreate that glorious day when racebannon spoke up in support.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,096
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is telling that Chris Petersen, universally regarded as a Hall of Famer, believes that his decision to step down as the University of Washington’s football coach actually will elevate the program.

At the root of Petersen’s shocking resignation, announced Monday, were two interrelated epiphanies on his part. One was that he had lost an essential passion for the job, exemplified by the joylessness he felt during the Rose Bowl last season.

“You work your whole life to get there,” he mused during a news conference Tuesday. “And I didn’t really appreciate the week. I didn’t appreciate the game like I need to, as a kid growing up looking at that game. And I think that was one of the things that really hit me loud and clear.”

The other was his firm belief that Jimmy Lake was uniquely qualified to succeed him. In Lake, he sees someone who will uphold the same values, and the mentorship of young men, that Petersen felt was the essence of coaching. And someone who is well-versed in the X’s and O’s and can couple it with the passion and zeal that had waned from Petersen.

“If I thought that this was going to set us back and not move this forward, I would’ve never done this at this time,” Petersen said. “Like, I wouldn’t do that to this program. I know that I could stay here and fight and we would get this thing back to where everybody’s excited and comfortable with.

“But I have no doubt this is the better thing for these kids, this program and this fan base, for Jimmy to go and inject his vision and his energy into this.”

Controlling that balance and maximizing the quality of one’s life is the definition of success, he added – “and you cannot do that in this job. There is no balance, you know? It’s out of whack. It’s crazy.”

So Petersen says it isn't possible and Jimmy says it is. It isn't. Trust me. I realized that watching my wife walk out the door 7 years into our marriage.
    she came back

Should have cleaned the whole house out. Everyone must go
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It is telling that Chris Petersen, universally regarded as a Hall of Famer, believes that his decision to step down as the University of Washington’s football coach actually will elevate the program.

At the root of Petersen’s shocking resignation, announced Monday, were two interrelated epiphanies on his part. One was that he had lost an essential passion for the job, exemplified by the joylessness he felt during the Rose Bowl last season.

“You work your whole life to get there,” he mused during a news conference Tuesday. “And I didn’t really appreciate the week. I didn’t appreciate the game like I need to, as a kid growing up looking at that game. And I think that was one of the things that really hit me loud and clear.”

The other was his firm belief that Jimmy Lake was uniquely qualified to succeed him. In Lake, he sees someone who will uphold the same values, and the mentorship of young men, that Petersen felt was the essence of coaching. And someone who is well-versed in the X’s and O’s and can couple it with the passion and zeal that had waned from Petersen.

“If I thought that this was going to set us back and not move this forward, I would’ve never done this at this time,” Petersen said. “Like, I wouldn’t do that to this program. I know that I could stay here and fight and we would get this thing back to where everybody’s excited and comfortable with.

“But I have no doubt this is the better thing for these kids, this program and this fan base, for Jimmy to go and inject his vision and his energy into this.”

Controlling that balance and maximizing the quality of one’s life is the definition of success, he added – “and you cannot do that in this job. There is no balance, you know? It’s out of whack. It’s crazy.”

So Petersen says it isn't possible and Jimmy says it is. It isn't. Trust me. I realized that watching my wife walk out the door 7 years into our marriage.

she came back

So Petersen is coming back?
    FireCohen said:

she came back

So Petersen is coming back?
    @FirePete