Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Road trip to freedom town. CSB

AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
Took a road trip to College Station this weekend to go to see some actual football. First time seeing an SEC, SEC, SEC gayme. Have to say I'm incredibly depressed realizing that for the last 45 years or so, during the couple hundred Husky gaymes that I have attended, only about 3 or so have actually been actually worth a damn as an actual college football experience.

If you've never seen a football gayme in Texas, I highly recommend it.

I mean, where else can you bring a cow to the gayme. That was solid.

The whole weekend was something that any Pac 12 team can only dream about. Friday night A & M had a scrimmage baseball game against University of Houston and had somewhere around 3000 people show up for a scrimmage. UW can't even get that for an actual league game.

The tailgates are out of this world, the people are friendly, masks are non-existent. (I'm sure I'll be cordwood in 2, 3 weeks tops). The fans stood the entire gayme and continually chanted and had all the different yells memorized. They get about 30k for a friday night midnight pep rally to go over them all. (you're not supposed to mention the bonfire though, pro tip)

And then the actual game. Jeezus. I can't remember having so much fun, rooting for 2 teams I really don't give a damn about it. Calzada and A & M made me Think and Care. Was fucking awesome.

So, figure it's time to move to Bryan Texas and open up a Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots store. I think there's a market for it.

Pic of SEC girl so I won't get flagged. Sorry for the poor quality but I was asked as a 50s year old creeper to not be obviously creepy by my son.

Comments