Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Offensive Line Shuffle

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,344 Swaye's Wigwam
Is it just me or does the fifth version of the disappointing Husky veteran OL look like a bunch of players whose bodies and skill don't match their positions - for example starting a 6'8 330 guard and a 6'3 tackle. Leaning on my expert OL coaching experience, it seems like a problem, but am I'm wrong? I'm sure I'm wrong, right?

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    Iowa has been running out of I formation, not saying it’s exactly working great, but has lineman that look like they don’t take any shit and want to play some fucking football. We have Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Iowa has been running out of I formation, not saying it’s exactly working great, but has lineman that look like they don’t take any shit and want to play some fucking football. We have Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Iowa's offense shouldn't be the high watermark for anything
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club

NIL possibility?

@jenCohen
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club

They’re everything little Jimmy wants and more
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925
    edited October 2021

They just beat Penn State.

The week prior I watched them run a FB into a 10 man box and score. They also use their TEs.

Yeah I know everybody else wants some version of the spread RPO or the air raid but I kinda like watching an offense that can exert their will on a good defense.

When is the last time UWs O exerted its will on a top 10 team?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

The week prior I watched them run a FB into a 10 man box and score. They also use their TEs.

Yeah I know everybody else wants some version of the spread RPO or the air raid but I kinda like watching an offense that can exert their will on a good defense.

This. I don’t care what you run as long as it is effective.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,615

This OL is supposed to have the size to road grade defenses in man running game but I'm not sure they have the strength to do it against better teams. Maybe they tried more zone schemes during the bye.

It's kinda driving me crazy because something is off with the OL but it's difficult to pin-point and some of it is due to John Don's overall scheme.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

This OL is supposed to have the size to road grade defenses in man running game but I'm not sure they have the strength to do it against better teams. Maybe they tried more zone schemes during the bye.

It's kinda driving me crazy because something is off with the OL but it's difficult to pin-point and some of it is due to John Don's overall scheme.
    They don’t have the strength to do it vs inferior teams. They are just bad all around.