Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Sneak Revisited

2»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Going for it was the correct call.

QB sneak on a long 1.5 yards was fucking retarded.

Not understanding that it was a tie game late in the 4th, you have 3 time outs, your defense is shit, and the play was probably going to determine the game so you try to draw them offsides and then call a timeout and make sure everyone is on the same page for a pleasant/mcgrew handoff after the timeout is extra special retarded

I think you’re spot on in regards to leveraging cadence and a timeout in that situation … the sneak is the wrong play call

I think if you’re efficient offensively then going for it makes sense and if you do then I’m probably looking to throw on some kind of run route or boot action … particularly given our tendencies

That said I don’t think going for it was a slam dunk … doing so IMO is an indictment on one’s thoughts on the defense to get a stop

Big picture is you can break apart in this single play all the different ways this team is poorly coached
    We haven't run a bootleg all season. With Morris' diminutiveness and deficiencies, the one thing he can do decently well is throw on the run. Amazing we haven't tried that, especially with our porous OL. Don is so fucking dumb. They're all dumb.
    Morris' accuracy is terrible on the run. Yes, he is less likely to get a pass batted down and he may be able to actually see his receiver but that doesn't matter when he can't hit the broadside of a barn without setting his feet.

(This is an especially large problem given he can't stand or maneuver in the pocket.)