Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Whats the Mariners equivalent of dooging?

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
I'm guilty. Please tell me it's not as gay as 12s.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm not convinced they'll make the playoffs but this run has been a lot of fun either way. Plenty of talent in the upper minors.

Things are looking up.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it's called "being a Mariners fan."
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I'm not convinced they'll make the playoffs but this run has been a lot of fun either way. Plenty of talent in the upper minors.

Things are looking up.

It has been a long shot the whole way, but they've done their part down the stretch and it's been fun to watch.

There is a lot of talent. They should be able to make a run over the next few years. I fully expect them to fuck it up but it's nice to see the possibilities.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    A three game series with the flailing Angels sets up nicely I have to admit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Things are looking up.

It has been a long shot the whole way, but they've done their part down the stretch and it's been fun to watch.

There is a lot of talent. They should be able to make a run over the next few years. I fully expect them to fuck it up but it's nice to see the possibilities.
    Seattle sports in a nutshell

Possibility followed by any one good demanding a trade
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Things are looking up.

Seattle sports in a nutshell

Possibility followed by any one good demanding a trade
    This feels different though, hence my willingness to post about it and expose myself to all manner of mockery or even the dreaded screenshot treatment down the road.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I'm guilty. Please tell me it's not as gay as 12s.

No one cares about baseball since it's not real life, like football. I think you will go unnoticed.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I checked into PTI the other day and was surprised to see that pennant races were going on. Baseball was never my favorite sport but I followed it pretty close since I was a kid up until around 2001. Gradually have lost interest this century

By the way the ESPN 20 year anniversary special on PTI is pretty good. Tony is still broadcasting from his basement

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Refuse to lose bitches.

Don’t remember which game we went to… might have been the one game playoff. We were pour.

Good memories with my dad.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

I checked into PTI the other day and was surprised to see that pennant races were going on. Baseball was never my favorite sport but I followed it pretty close since I was a kid up until around 2001. Gradually have lost interest this century

By the way the ESPN 20 year anniversary special on PTI is pretty good. Tony is still broadcasting from his basement

I haven't paid attention to the Mariners, or baseball in general, for at least 7-8 years. Circumstances have been different this summer, I have time on my hands and have Dish again, and one thing led to another. I jumped on in late July more out of boredom than anything. At that point I didn't expect them to finish so strong.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ayala’d it?
    Slocumb’d it?
    Went full Chone Figgins?