Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next 5 games

No way we don’t go 1-4 the next 5 games but also I could see us going 0-5 just because it’s all lining up for Arizona to get there first win against us down in the dessert after being everyone’s bitch the first half of the season and I hear those boys wanna win a game. Going back to work, the boys are going back to work, we’re all going back to work.

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    I’m okay with this scenario. Both actually.
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    we are getting blown out by OSU their offense puts up points and we "Ran the damn ball against them" last year its a revenge game
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,298

Jimmy is about to face a GOOD Oregon State team

Switch with Mario and this is what I’ll say when we? lose to the Beavers in the Civil War and they win the north
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,148
    DucksFC said:

Switch with Mario and this is what I’ll say when we? lose to the Beavers in the Civil War and they win the north
    Mario has also never faced a GOOD Oregon State team
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Someone needs to be fired after last night. Clearly the talent is on the team. For fucks sake even that Culp looked like All Pac 12. Morris is regressing fast, there’s no identifiable scheme other than pretended your Stanford with inferior talent at the needed positions
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    DucksFC said:

I won’t be surprised with anything this year. It’s going to be a wild year.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Morris can't handle pressure.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,433 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah idk it feels like they're giving Morris too much power to make decisions. They should tell him two options on a play and nothing else. The coaching didn't seem to be as big of an issue last night as much as it was him just throwing the ball away pointlessly and that terrible 50/50 ball on 3rd down
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,858
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Yeah idk it feels like they're giving Morris too much power to make decisions. They should tell him two options on a play and nothing else. The coaching didn't seem to be as big of an issue last night as much as it was him just throwing the ball away pointlessly and that terrible 50/50 ball on 3rd down

If the coaches are not responsible for his QB and OL failing to execute the plays he calls then who is?

You are pretty consistent about passively excusing the coaches and blaming players. The offensive woes are widespread and build on each other. Morris is pretty shitty. Blaming him for being him is stupid though. He's not in charge and his failures as the starting QB are on...wait for it...the coaches!
    Yeah because he should never be starting at UW
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,973 Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

If the coaches are not responsible for his QB and OL failing to execute the plays he calls then who is?

You are pretty consistent about passively excusing the coaches and blaming players. The offensive woes are widespread and build on each other. Morris is pretty shitty. Blaming him for being him is stupid though. He's not in charge and his failures as the starting QB are on...wait for it...the coaches!
    It goes beyond that though. A good play caller could make Morris look good with the personnel UW has and without adding anything new to the playbook.
    He'd have to have a coach that explains to him what a checkdown is
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    We’re not losing to Arizona
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

It goes beyond that though. A good play caller could make Morris look good with the personnel UW has and without adding anything new to the playbook.
    He'd have to have a coach that explains to him what a checkdown is
    I know he swung it out to the RB a couple of times but even that was there all game. Often times there was a lot more yardage there of Morris had seen it sooner.

The fly sweep was there too. I watched the defense closely every time UW ran that motion. They had one guy to beat every time. I was screaming for them, both Morris and McGrew, to give that guy the ball. Bynum is going to beat one guy for a minimum of 4-5 yards 10/10 times. On many of those there were no second level players on that side of the field at all.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,433 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

There are things to blame the coaches for and there are things to blame the players for.

When McMillan makes a nice play on the field I don't say "wow great catch by JonDon".

It's easy to just point at the coaching for every mistake but it's also inaccurate and detracts from the actual failings of the coaches