Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Arizona

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Credit to them they came to play football. Ducks came to model their latest jersey combo.

When MC lost his shit before half it wasn't because of Hutson's unsportsmanlike penalty. It was because his pride and joy SEC lines were being plungered the entire first half. You cannot dress down a player like that on Nat TV and not expect it to have a negative effect on your team. I'm old school ass chewing but that was embarrassing. The 3rd quarter was the obvious after effect.

Apparently MC and JM saw something in the AZ defense that screamed, run AB. Ducks are said to have this incredible WR room, but have decided to put the governor on it by insisting that AB can execute a forward pass. His touch has one speed, full velocity. He is not the answer. Opponents know it. Until TT is under center, the passing game will be a shitshow of inconsistency on very dropback.

The only positives, they won and there are a few ballers on this team. They're not top-10 right now. They have a load of talent that seems to play to the level of their competition and that's on MC and his staff to correct. GA was up on Vandy 35-0 before the National Anthem was done playing. That's the best team in the country right now.

Comments

• Options
    One more point.

I know, NOC.

Spleen vented and FMFC.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

Credit to them they came to play football. Ducks came to model their latest jersey combo.

When MC lost his shit before half it wasn't because of Hutson's unsportsmanlike penalty. It was because his pride and joy SEC lines were being plungered the entire first half. You cannot dress down a player like that on Nat TV and not expect it to have a negative effect on your team. I'm old school ass chewing but that was embarrassing. The 3rd quarter was the obvious after effect.

Apparently MC and JM saw something in the AZ defense that screamed, run AB. Ducks are said to have this incredible WR room, but have decided to put the governor on it by insisting that AB can execute a forward pass. His touch has one speed, full velocity. He is not the answer. Opponents know it. Until TT is under center, the passing game will be a shitshow of inconsistency on very dropback.

The only positives, they won and there are a few ballers on this team. They're not top-10 right now. They have a load of talent that seems to play to the level of their competition and that's on MC and his staff to correct. GA was up on Vandy 35-0 before the National Anthem was done playing. That's the best team in the country right now.

TLDR Cristobal is a bad head coach.

This team is a tough watch and wastes tons of talent. Plays conservative on both sides of the ball and it’s god awful to watch. It’s one thing if you’re overachieving playing within yourselves but I don’t know what the fuck I’m watching week in and week out with the greatest group of talent the program has ever assembled.

Justin Brady’s Sr year is the anomaly. The other three seasons have all looked the same.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Herbert is really good. Generational

But you guys are too hard on Cuban Jesus (hi @creepycoug )

Oregon is talented and I don't see a loss on the schedule. And there's a Pac 12 spot in the playoffs this year
  • Options

Oregon is talented and I don't see a loss on the schedule. And there's a Pac 12 spot in the playoffs this year

There’s no argument that Oregon isn’t talented.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lines are fucking twash. Zona was a miserable 20% conversion on 3rd downs coming into the game and converted 7/16 plus 4/4 on 4th down. Zona converted first downs out of 3rd and 13 (twice), 3rd and 12, and 3rd and 11. Top 10 teams don’t allow a shit ass team to do that. Can’t expect 5 picks every game to bail out the shitty situational d. DeRuyter is Aliotti with more talented athletes.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You were only a Bruin fan for one week?
  • Options

Lines are fucking twash. Zona was a miserable 20% conversion on 3rd downs coming into the game and converted 7/16 plus 4/4 on 4th down. Zona converted first downs out of 3rd and 13 (twice), 3rd and 12, and 3rd and 11. Top 10 teams don’t allow a shit ass team to do that. Can’t expect 5 picks every game to bail out the shitty situational d. DeRuyter is Aliotti with more talented athletes.

It’s like I said last weak. It’s a Bellotti staff, pre Chip, with 10x’s the talent. Maybe worse.

I’m interested to see what they look like next week because it feels like a turning point and MC teams tend to show up for the bigger games.

The only silver lining I see from the 3 ugly games is they tend to lock in during the 4th on both sides of the ball and finish.

But they’ve been truly joyless team to watch these last two season, sans Columbus and LA.

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One of the more boring PAC-12 games in recent memory, and if a couple things broke for Arizona it could have been bad.

Until we won at the horseshoe, I felt from the beginning that this was a tweener type of a season that would see us transition slowly and painfully from Brown to one of the young guns and next season would be the big one. We’re missing good QB play, and I still think Brown gives way at some point.

The D-line was a known quantity last year and it was obvious the inside run defense wasn’t going to be fixed in an offseason.

I think we lose one of UCLA or Stanford, and possibly but not likely both. This team plays down to its competition and it will bite them at some point.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,040
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ramenduck said:

One of the more boring PAC-12 games in recent memory, and if a couple things broke for Arizona it could have been bad.

Until we won at the horseshoe, I felt from the beginning that this was a tweener type of a season that would see us transition slowly and painfully from Brown to one of the young guns and next season would be the big one. We’re missing good QB play, and I still think Brown gives way at some point.

The D-line was a known quantity last year and it was obvious the inside run defense wasn’t going to be fixed in an offseason.

I think we lose one of UCLA or Stanford, and possibly but not likely both. This team plays down to its competition and it will bite them at some point.

Nailed it.

A huge thing going on nationally with Oregon is that we? beat a buckeye helmet sticker at the 'shoe, not an actually football team. Holy fuck, the uniforms, holy fuck, the location. Holy fuck their team sucks. Oregon's best performance was week 1.
  • Options
    dtd said:

ramenduck said:

Nailed it.

A huge thing going on nationally with Oregon is that we? beat a buckeye helmet sticker at the 'shoe, not an actually football team. Holy fuck, the uniforms, holy fuck, the location. Holy fuck their team sucks. Oregon's best performance was week 1.
    Yet that middling tOSU team would kick the crap out of every team in the PAC-12. Which makes the Duck performance Sat. inexcusable.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021
    ramenduck said:

They seem to sleep walk through games. They came out hot against Fresno, then fell asleep, only to fire back when challenged. They feel asleep against Stony Brook in the first half, and kicked it in gear, because it actually became a game. Then against Arizona, they go up 10-0, then decide to take two quarters off. Only when Arizona pulled back to 24-19, Oregon decided to kick ass again, because they were challenged.

I don't like how this team sleeps sometimes through games, but the one thing I do like, is their fight when threatened. Prior Oregon teams used to fold in these situations. However, playing this game against the wrong team (UCLA), Oregon could find themselves down 20 points before they get their shit together, and by then it will be too late.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Freezing cold take.