Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Assessing what might have been as former UW quarterback Jake Haener flourishes at Fresno State

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,624 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

I wonder if Peterson views falling into the trap of bringing Big Dick (tm) god savior QB Eason in for a year as one of his biggest career mistakes?

It was everything antithetical to Petersen's philosophy; hometown hero politics, transfer rental, physical gifts over hard work and commitment to the team.

IMO after being smeared as a racist, pretending to enjoy Hawaiian shirts, shitty entitled teenagers, and local 7 on 7 parents personally and publicly trashing the program he was running Pete took a step back and realized that he was spending the majority of his time with shitty 2A high school coach type problems and not just coaching "pure" football, feeling like he didn't actually have control over who was starting QB was just the final straw that broke him.

Doubt it. I don't think Haener wins any additional games for us in 2019.
    100 percent. And I don't fault Petermen for going with Eason.

That said, I with Haener had stuck around for another year to see if he could win the starting role. This fucking transfer portal is dog shit.
    We really have no way of knowing.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    Good for him. But if you get put in and immediately throw a pick six to fucking Evan Weaver to lose the game you can gtfo. (he’s better than morris but i’m a man of principle)