Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vaccination Required / Mask Required...my 2 cents...

Fine with vax or test being required...but the masks? Boy we're all getting pretty experienced at this pandemic thing and you just get that sense standing in the stands that this is a low risk situation that doesn't require a mask. Just how it feels.

For those who didn't go to the stadium, yes it was sparsely filled. Most, I'd say, didn't wear masks. Old dudes with signs on a stick walking up and down the stairs saying "Wear your mask."

Watch the mariners or seahawks where there is also a mask mandate. People aren't wearing 'em there either.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The vax bracelet makes. No sense to me. 20 minutes before kick off there is a line literally backed up halfway around the inside of the stadium where people are waiting to get some shitty bracelet. I figure there's some pain in the ass process here with a line that long, but at halftime when it's died down I go in and they barely even look at my card before handing me it.

Most Seattle shit ever.

Why not just show your card at the various entrances to the stadium next week? What difference does some bullshit bracelet make?

The new alcohol enforcement people are annoying too. I had my third beer with me at halftime (and they only sell piss water there like Redhook), walking around looking for some shit to buy my kid, and some kid walks up to me asking if I'm feeling okay. "Yeah, I do" "Okay you just looked a little tipsy" "Okay" and then he just walks away.

I thought there was a decent amount of people there for being 0-2, against Arky St, and being predicted to rain a ton. But at Blazer games they don't even do all this nanny state bullshit.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes, beer select leaves a lot to be desired. I mean it's frankly terrible. Wife complains that they have also chosen the worst seltzer they possibly could.

Having attended the last husky game in Eugene, they have us crushed in this area like 70-21. They sell way more beer generating more revenue. It is way quicker to get a beer. The beer is way better. They don't open your fucking can for you. Beer is everywhere in the concourse. Tons of stations.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, beer select leaves a lot to be desired. I mean it's frankly terrible. Wife complains that they have also chosen the worst seltzer they possibly could.

Having attended the last husky game in Eugene, they have us crushed in this area like 70-21. They sell way more beer generating more revenue. It is way quicker to get a beer. The beer is way better. They don't open your fucking can for you. Beer is everywhere in the concourse. Tons of stations.

Oregon State is even better. It's not much worse than bar hopping in parts of Portland as far as variety of breweries go. Plus they have Flat Tail Brewing there.

I love Big Time but it's way too small and a pain in the ass to get into, even around 2 hours before kickoff.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Haven’t you heard? There is a worker shortage! Cohen said so herself! Try getting people to work for you in this economy!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW partnered with Redhook to be the exclusive beer supplier, so it is what it is. I'm sure they get decent coin in return. I know Redhook is Inbev now and all, but they still had really good specialty stuff when you went to the actual brewery. Would be nice if they could at least get some of that in the stadium.

Edit: Looking at the current list at their "Brewlab," that's a big never mind. ESB, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA. If there's one northwest market that's not saturated, it's the IPA market...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW partnered with Redhook to be the exclusive beer supplier, so it is what it is. I'm sure they get decent coin in return. I know Redhook is Inbev now and all, but they still had really good specialty stuff when you went to the actual brewery. Would be nice if they could at least get some of that in the stadium.

Edit: Looking at the current list at their "Brewlab," that's a big never mind. ESB, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA. If there's one northwest market that's not saturated, it's the IPA market...

Corona, Coors, Long Hammer IPA, think I saw one smaller can of Georgetown Johnny Utah.

Most doogs were double fisting Corona/Coors and didn't give a shit.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Corona, Coors, Long Hammer IPA, think I saw one smaller can of Georgetown Johnny Utah.

Most doogs were double fisting Corona/Coors and didn't give a shit.
    I. Am. A. Ratard.

Didn't look at the date of the article. In 2010, UW and Redhook signed an "exclusive microbrew" agreement. I'll go fuck off now.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fine with vax or test being required...but the masks?

lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I am always amazed that some of you actually pay for shitty alcohol inside the stadium and then complain about it.

Why dont you just put a flask in your raincoat and walk right in like a normal person?

I normally give Ave bars my money but I was running late and had to head straight to the stadium.

Plus it doesn't help that many places in the U District, like Schultzy's, aren't opening back up until the quarter starts.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pretty sure the alcohol opening is a liquor control board thing … when I get non-pitcher beverages after playing soccer they open that shit for me (which I hate)
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Show me your papers. Fuck that. I'm not surprised all the Seattle leftist sheep are willingly going along.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Beer? If you aren't muling water balloons filled with rum stuffed into your ass into the stadium, you are doing it wrong.

If you mule it in in your ass, you're either trying too hard or you like to cram stuff up your ass. Or both.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The vax bracelet makes. No sense to me. 20 minutes before kick off there is a line literally backed up halfway around the inside of the stadium where people are waiting to get some shitty bracelet. I figure there's some pain in the ass process here with a line that long, but at halftime when it's died down I go in and they barely even look at my card before handing me it.

Most Seattle shit ever.

Why not just show your card at the various entrances to the stadium next week? What difference does some bullshit bracelet make?

The new alcohol enforcement people are annoying too. I had my third beer with me at halftime (and they only sell piss water there like Redhook), walking around looking for some shit to buy my kid, and some kid walks up to me asking if I'm feeling okay. "Yeah, I do" "Okay you just looked a little tipsy" "Okay" and then he just walks away.

I thought there was a decent amount of people there for being 0-2, against Arky St, and being predicted to rain a ton. But at Blazer games they don't even do all this nanny state bullshit.

Why aren’t they pouring the official beer of the Pac 12? Sad.