Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Everyone watching the selection show today?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    no_uh said:

I kinda think SMU got screwed worse than when UW won the conference and didn't get in. I like how the committee claims they've stopped paying attn to "what have you done lately" but seems to really despise first round conference tournament losses. Goes to show why more than a few coaches have been vocal on why they don't like them.

How many days have you been a fan of college basketball?

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    (not) FREE PUB!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If I didn't know any better, I'd actually assume that our AD cared about winning. You'd think woody would be pissed off and not want to reward a shitty team by letting them play in some worthless tournament when the fact is they'd rather save the money to send the women's softball team to another tournament. But if they WERE actually serious about winning, they would have a search committee hard at work right about now.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

no_uh said:

I kinda think SMU got screwed worse than when UW won the conference and didn't get in. I like how the committee claims they've stopped paying attn to "what have you done lately" but seems to really despise first round conference tournament losses. Goes to show why more than a few coaches have been vocal on why they don't like them.

UW did not get screwed that year.
    Nobody ever gets truly screwed as in "there's no way that ever should have happened," but as far as truly surprising snubs go, I think both were up there. My ultimate point being that the SMU one was more surprising.
  • Options
    no_uh said:

no_uh said:

UW did not get screwed that year.
    Nobody ever gets truly screwed as in "there's no way that ever should have happened," but as far as truly surprising snubs go, I think both were up there. My ultimate point being that the SMU one was more surprising.
    SMU went 12-7 in the #6 conference in America and played a horrible nonconference schedule:
    http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/schedule/SMU

The fact that they were close to making the field further proves that the tournament should be shrunk back down to 64 teams.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

SMU went 12-7 in the #6 conference in America and played a horrible nonconference schedule:

The fact that they were close to making the field further proves that the tournament should be shrunk back down to 64 teams.

It's a pretty decent conference that has multiple title contenders. Certainly, their non-conference schedule is the ultimate justification. Still, you are way off base if you think that it wasn't a surprise or their consideration is reason that the field should be reduced. SMU swept UCONN, beat Memphis, and curb stomped Cincy. Pomeroy has SMU at 32. I'm not in the minority here. NC State? BYU? Explain those...
  • Options
    no_uh said:

It's a pretty decent conference that has multiple title contenders. Certainly, their non-conference schedule is the ultimate justification. Still, you are way off base if you think that it wasn't a surprise or their consideration is reason that the field should be reduced. SMU swept UCONN, beat Memphis, and curb stomped Cincy. Pomeroy has SMU at 32. I'm not in the minority here. NC State? BYU? Explain those...
    I have no justification for including any of those teams. The whole field is a #fuckingdreckfest after the 4th seed line.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

no_uh said:

I have no justification for including any of those teams. The whole field is a #fuckingdreckfest after the 4th seed line.
    This. The majesty and pageantry of March Madness is a fucking joke. Sure, Cinderella stories are nice if you give a fuck, but basically, fucking dreckfest. Just make the entry point the sweet sixteen. Fuck.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

no_uh said:

This. The majesty and pageantry of March Madness is a fucking joke. Sure, Cinderella stories are nice if you give a fuck, but basically, fucking dreckfest. Just make the entry point the sweet sixteen. Fuck.
    Midwestern community colleges no one gives a fuck about hate you.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Swaye said:

no_uh said:

Midwestern community colleges no one gives a fuck about hate you.
    Case closed.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's our seed?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

no_uh said:

Disagree. A field of 64 teams in the playoffs makes NCAA bball pretty cool and unique.

Still not as fun to watch as football, but it's definitely the 2nd most entertaining major collegiate sport... unless your school's volleyball team has some nice asses, then it comes in a distant 3rd.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

no_uh said:

Disagree. A field of 64 teams in the playoffs makes NCAA bball pretty cool and unique.

Still not as fun to watch as football, but it's definitely the 2nd most entertaining major collegiate sport... unless your school's volleyball team has some nice asses, then it comes in a distant 3rd.
    It was cool and unique when there was some quality. I watched some Big Least Tournament game and Gawd Providence had 17 points at the half and they missed two lay-ups. Ratings on this shit have to be down. It's a terrible product. These corrupt AAU fag coaches let these 15 yr. old kids play ratball and emphasize athleticism over fundamentals so it's no wonder.

Great sample size of 1 as always.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The conference SMU plays in is full of athletic guys that can't shoot with rare exceptions. Everybody is jumping all over Louisville but they are not the same team that they were last year. Not even close.

I'm all for the field being 68 teams, but put more teams from smaller conferences in instead of the fucktarded teams like Tennesee that are full of shit the entire year. Put a team like Green Bay in that actually beat Virginia and in the grand scheme of things is probably reasonably deserving of a bid.

I really don't know what to make of the brackets this year. I like most of the 1's and 4's ... don't like many of hte 2's and 3's. The 5's to 12's have very little separation between them.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was thinking earlier today...Bob Bender got fired after missing the NCAA tournament for the same number of years Zo (I like to call him Zo) has currently missed it. Yet you have fucktards like Bleenor calling to extend Zo past the next 6 years he's already under contract. This can only hurt the program, as pool boy is not under any pressure to fucking win except from the so-called "lunatic fringe" that has no agenda other than wanting UW to actually field a good team.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Quality rant.

Swaye said:

no_uh said:

It was cool and unique when there was some quality. I watched some Big Least Tournament game and Gawd Providence had 17 points at the half and they missed two lay-ups. Ratings on this shit have to be down. It's a terrible product. These corrupt AAU fag coaches let these 15 yr. old kids play ratball and emphasize athleticism over fundamentals so it's no wonder.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I can't wait until the field expands to 96 teams and Doogs are bitching how UW was "Snubbed" going 18-14.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's pathetic that half the tournament it seems are these fucking schools no ones ever heard of except their own dreckfest conferences. Like Wichita State, your school's name is "Wichita State," ya you made the final four last year, but still, GTFO.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,865
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014
    haie said:

It's pathetic that half the tournament it seems are these fucking schools no ones ever heard of except their own dreckfest conferences. Like Wichita State, your school's name is "Wichita State," ya you made the final four last year, but still, GTFO.

One/two-and-dones have watered down real programs. Meanwhile we get faggy (75 k) midmajor bullshit shoved down our throats because their scrappy little guys stay together as jrs. and srs.! Vomit.

I just want it to go back to the way it was in the 80s and 90s.