Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Tiger Woods play?

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Can somebody explain to me both what is the big deal and why it's offensive?

It shows that Jimmy's immature and he thought this would get some laughs and free pub from a national TV audience. It's retarded.
    Highly doubt Jimmy is involved in the pictures chosen for play cards. If he is then that's yet another sign of how incompetent he is.
    He's the head coach. He's in charge of everything
    Point being if he's spending his limited time and attention by making calls on something as non-essential as picture cards then he's even more hopeless than I thought.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    thechatch said:

No way that’s real.

JFC guys

It's real. Go watch the game back.

And it was a defensive play call so there's no way Lake didn't know about it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,620 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

No way that’s real.

JFC guys

It was very much real. Saw it live on TV. Not a PhotoShop
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited September 2021
    dOgmaster said:

Add to that the towel stealing from the Montana game.

Huh?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2021

So let me get this straight: Using a play card that shows the picture of a shitbag celebrity's mugshot is what offends people at... [looks up to check website address]... Hardcore Husky!?

They audibled to off-tackle with Dick Newton on 4th and 4, and THIS is the problem? After 19 threads and 3542 posts about wokeness killing UW football, I'm a little confused.

Then don't play dumb.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,620 Founders Club

So let me get this straight: Using a play card that shows the picture of a shitbag celebrity's mugshot is what offends people at... [looks up to check website address]... Hardcore Husky!?

They audibled to off-tackle with Dick Newton on 4th and 4, and THIS is the problem? After 19 threads and 3542 posts about wokeness killing UW football, I'm a little confused.

I didn't say I was offended. I said I didn't like it. I thought it showed immaturity.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen on this site. Who cares what they had on the cards. That's such an incredible stretch to attach it to any meaningful negative about the team or coaches especially when there are so many real and obvious negatives already
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Then don't play dumb.
    Who's playing dumb? Hell, I still don't really get what the problem is, particularly at a place like this.
    Canadawg said:

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen on this site. Who cares what they had on the cards. That's such an incredible stretch to attach it to any meaningful negative about the team or coaches especially when there are so many real and obvious negatives already

EMFA.

It's about the mentality attached to it. Had no bearing on the outcome of the game. No kidding.

The team is 0-2 and looks awful. Lake clearly is in over his head and does not have control of the situation. Horrible coaches.

And they have time for frat boy jokes like that? It comes off as very immature. When the team sucks this bad I think it's reasonable to expect people to point out every little detail that shows Lake does not have the maturity and makeup to handle the job. It's also easy material for the higher ups at UW to grab on to which shows Lake has no clue how to read a room. If they were winning big this kind of thing gets overlooked.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062

No I just think it’s unnecessarily stupid, and probably doesn’t play well, on any level.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

EMFA.

It's about the mentality attached to it. Had no bearing on the outcome of the game. No kidding.
    Small time
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I mean, kinda funny. But when you're supposed to be a professional and whatnot, come on dude...

WTF … is this real?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

I mean, kinda funny. But when you're supposed to be a professional and whatnot, come on dude...

WTF … is this real?
    You should write a letter about how offended you are.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

WTF … is this real?
    You should write a letter about how offended you are.
    It’s not about a letter or anything

Tiger’s arguably the most dominant athlete of all time

The picture is arguably him at his lowest

What has to be going through your mind to think that using that picture to reference a play is the right thing to do?
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    edited September 2021
    This, the 'Run The Damn Ball' hat, the helmet car...Jimmy seems to spend more time on stupid stunts than details. And it's showing in the results.