Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deontae Cooper on the 7 year plan.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
NCAA has granted UW RB Deontae Cooper an extra 2 years. Can play through the 2016 season. Can be at Washington 7 years total.

7 years of college? Somewhere Jood is jealous.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    Christ. 7 year of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking peace corps
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If he can play, great. If he can't crack the two deeps, run him. I could give a shit about feel good stories.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

If he can play, great. If he can't crack the two deeps, run him. I could give a shit about feel good stories.

Crimea River

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The first good season Cooper has he should bolt to the NFL.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Crimea River

Putin just got a boner in his sweatpants. Which reminds me, I don't have one. Because there are no fucking sigs to look at anywhere. Christ.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Over/Under how many people cried after Cooper's first carry last year? Should we stick with 5?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lucky bastard. I would blow out my knees to relive those years.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

You would piss all over your knees to have Cooper's life?

• Options
    He had surgery. He's fine.
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

You would piss all over your knees to have Cooper's life?

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    Founders Club

This +10000000. If he has a good season and a shot at going to the NFL, he should go for it. That said, if he never gets back to what he was pre-injuries, and he plays out his career as a solid back up and gets a free graduate degree, good for him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This +10000000. If he has a good season and a shot at going to the NFL, he should go for it. That said, if he never gets back to what he was pre-injuries, and he plays out his career as a solid back up and gets a free graduate degree, good for him.
    Absolutely agree about him being a solid contributing member of the team and getting a free graduate degree.

I'd expect that he'll continue to be a contributor to the program. He also strikes me as someone that will take advantage of the educational opportunity that he has in front of him.

The reality is that he's still a long shot at best to make the NFL ... getting that grad degree would be huge.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Over/Under how many people cried after Cooper's first carry last year? Should we stick with 5?

Was pretty revealing how small our group (the message board visiting fans) is. I was ready for a huge ovation when he got his first carry. The reality is that most of the stadium had no idea who he was.
  • Options
    ^ This

Was pretty revealing how small our group (the message board visiting fans) is. I was ready for a huge ovation when he got his first carry. The reality is that most of the stadium had no idea who he was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm going to pat my back on this. I said on the podcast before the Boise State game that over 50% of the fans at the game don't know who Cooper is or his story.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Honestly if I didn't read all these time wasting boreds, I wouldn't have known either.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Kudos on the free graduate degree. If he hit the books hard while recouping from all of the injuries, he should be well on his way to a graduate degree. He wouldn't have the excuse that he was working full time as a ball player. I don't know what his situation is but I hope he is not studying some basket weaving type discipline. It's his life.