Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Attacking offense

Hard to defend.

Jimmy is the biggest fraud

First play of the game half the offensive line runs out. Half huddle on the sideline. We get a delay of game.

We play a full back.

Morris sucks. How do you go into a season knowing he is your best qb in the portal era?

The offense is a fireable offense.

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Agree, Haener has pulled in front of Morris. UW QB's suck.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    RealRhino said:

Straight dope for you doogs (yes, even here).

McDuffie isn't the best CB in CFB. He's fine. Like Molden he'll probably be a 2nd-3rd round guy who'll be moved inside.
    Otton isn't arguably the best TE in CFB. He's fine. Good hands, not physical enough on routes or in the blocking game. Kinda blocks like shit, honestly. Without the extreme athleticism to make up for it.

Our whole awesome offensive line has played like shit for two games. Don't move anybody, don't know who to fucking pick up on stunts and blitzes, look like they've never bent their fucking knees in their lives. Their fucking "catch" blockers. Our GUARDS were getting blown up on bull rushes by blitzing LBs from MONTANA.

Our iDL are fat guys who don't make plays. May be okay eventually, haven't seen a guy make a play yet.

My biggest fear is that our coaches across the board don't seem to have a clue who to play. Newton is a JAG who runs to contact. Not through contact, TO contact. McGrew actually gets yards but doesn't see the field. Meanwhile, we played a whole year of Manu at LB when two plays made it clear Ulofoshio was better. Bob couldn't figure it out.

We spent a whole year not knowing which receivers didn't suck.

Now we are rotating in LBs that suck on critical plays and paying the price for it. It's been two years, we apparently still can't figure out which two safeties to play. They either pick guys who can't cover, so they pull those guys for guys who take bad angles, so they pull those guys for guys who can't or won't tackle.

We've chased off something like 7 QBs because we picked shitty QBs. I never bash the kids, but D-Mo's lack of accuracy is ASTONISHING. I mean, Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts got run off for being TWICE as accurate as Morris. He has moxie? Don't show me moxie when you fuck up for three quarters and are down 3 teeders. Right now, Haener would be better than Morris.

Oh, here's another one. Huard isn't ready and he isn't great either. Look at his stars, doogs. He's a fucking midget with good mechanics. He'll be lucky to be Josh Rosen.

Look all ye mighty doogs and despair.

Agree with a lot. I don’t have a problem with otton. Probably not the best in the country but pretty freaking good.

Mcduffie is good but probably overrated by some. But he doesn’t get picked on. I mean we just lost to 44 passing Yards so I don’t know what to say about pass defense.

Huard can make different kinds of throws which could be nice down the Road. Morris throws the same ball on every throw. Straight on a line. Sometimes it requires touch.

Our line is not good. But we make them look worse by inviting all eleven into the box.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795
    Hard to judge Otton when defenses just have to double team him and stop the run and our offense is complete shut down.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

McDuffie isn't the best CB in CFB. He's fine. Like Molden he'll probably be a 2nd-3rd round guy who'll be moved inside.
    Otton isn't arguably the best TE in CFB. He's fine. Good hands, not physical enough on routes or in the blocking game. Kinda blocks like shit, honestly. Without the extreme athleticism to make up for it.

Our whole awesome offensive line has played like shit for two games. Don't move anybody, don't know who to fucking pick up on stunts and blitzes, look like they've never bent their fucking knees in their lives. Their fucking "catch" blockers. Our GUARDS were getting blown up on bull rushes by blitzing LBs from MONTANA.

Our iDL are fat guys who don't make plays. May be okay eventually, haven't seen a guy make a play yet.

My biggest fear is that our coaches across the board don't seem to have a clue who to play. Newton is a JAG who runs to contact. Not through contact, TO contact. McGrew actually gets yards but doesn't see the field. Meanwhile, we played a whole year of Manu at LB when two plays made it clear Ulofoshio was better. Bob couldn't figure it out.

Now we are rotating in LBs that suck on critical plays and paying the price for it. It's been two years, we apparently still can't figure out which two safeties to play. They either pick guys who can't cover, so they pull those guys for guys who take bad angles, so they pull those guys for guys who can't or won't tackle.

We've chased off something like 7 QBs because we picked shitty QBs. I never bash the kids, but D-Mo's lack of accuracy is ASTONISHING. I mean, Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts got run off for being TWICE as accurate as Morris. He has moxie? Don't show me moxie when you fuck up for three quarters and are down 3 teeders. Right now, Haener would be better than Morris.

Oh, here's another one. Huard isn't ready and he isn't great either. Look at his stars, doogs. He's a fucking midget with good mechanics. He'll be lucky to be Josh Rosen.

Disagree on the first bold point. There might be somebody better, but you'd be splitting hairs. He's missed a single tackle in his entire career (weirdly, against Montana last week), I wouldn't be surprised if a film study revealed that he's given up zero YAC in his career. If he's not the best, he's way the fuck up there.

Agree on Otton. Great hands, great competitor, decent athlete, not great blocker.

Big agree on the second bold point, and I'm laughing at all the calls for McGrew now after all the shit he's taken on this forum since about his sophomore year. The numbers don't lie, and the numbers suggest he's by far the most productive back on the team. Only he seems to be not on the team.

Third bold point: YES! Welcome to the club! I've been saying this since everyone dooged out over the Utah win, both for Morris and for Lake at that time. "Uh, how about you don't get fucking 17 points down against Utah at home instead?" The Stanford game was even worse. This is what you get when you focus on one or two big-dick plays per game instead of looking at efficiency.

Huard is TBD. That he's not a serious running threat is really my biggest concern. This fucktarded offense makes that concern moot, though.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
    Fresno St just benched Jack Haener.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

For dominating too much, it would seem from the box score.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 810
    dtd said:

Because they’re up by 50 early in the 4th. I see what you did there.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    dtd said:

17-22, 380 yards. 63 points.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Does Jimmy think the offense was good last year?

Sadly yes he does.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,619 Founders Club

dtd said:

17-22, 380 yards. 63 points.
    He's a really good QB.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,863

RealRhino said:

Disagree on the first bold point. There might be somebody better, but you'd be splitting hairs. He's missed a single tackle in his entire career (weirdly, against Montana last week), I wouldn't be surprised if a film study revealed that he's given up zero YAC in his career. If he's not the best, he's way the fuck up there.

Agree on Otton. Great hands, great competitor, decent athlete, not great blocker.

Big agree on the second bold point, and I'm laughing at all the calls for McGrew now after all the shit he's taken on this forum since about his sophomore year. The numbers don't lie, and the numbers suggest he's by far the most productive back on the team. Only he seems to be not on the team.

Third bold point: YES! Welcome to the club! I've been saying this since everyone dooged out over the Utah win, both for Morris and for Lake at that time. "Uh, how about you don't get fucking 17 points down against Utah at home instead?" The Stanford game was even worse. This is what you get when you focus on one or two big-dick plays per game instead of looking at efficiency.

Huard is TBD. That he's not a serious running threat is really my biggest concern. This fucktarded offense makes that concern moot, though.
    *mute
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think I was wrong on Morris. Still a little tough to say cause the OC is a huge problem but Morris might suck.

I have literally been calling for more Mcgrew for years though. Possibly his biggest fan
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2021
    RealRhino said:

But yet with decent coaching and player development with proper schemes this team isn’t undefeated….
    You can’t convince me Nick Saban doesn’t push Harbaugh’s shit in last night with the exact same team
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Ryan Grubb enters his fifth year at Fresno State for the 2021 football season, and his third as the offensive coordinator. It was announced on Feb. 18, 2019 he would be promoted to offensive coordinator and associate head coach, an appointment made by the Bulldogs’ previous head coach Jeff Tedford.

Grubb remained in that role under then-first year head coach Kalen DeBoer, just with one change. In 2020, DeBoer had Grubb begin working with the quarterbacks, versus coaching the offensive line as he did during his first three seasons at Fresno State.

The offense, and passing game in particular, flourished in 2020 under Grubb, as it produced a conference-best 479.3 yards total offense per game, and the league's second-highest points per game total (32.8). Fresno State also led the Mountain West in passing yards per game, and ranked fifth in the FBS in that category, with 356.3 per game behind first-year signal caller Jake Haener. The Bulldogs generated over 400 yards total offense in all six games the ‘Dogs were able to take the field during an unprecedented year modified by the COVID-19 pandemic. It was the first time since 2011 a Fresno State team had a streak of six-straight games with 400 yards total offense or more. The height of the offensive showcase came on Dec. 5 against Nevada, a game that saw Fresno State set the single game program record for most plays in a game, totaling 105. In that game, Fresno State produced 599 yards total offense, and Haener passed for 485 yards, the eighth-most in program history, completing 41-of-65 attempts.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578
    Its a PRO-STYLE attacking offense. Just wanted to clear that up.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Almost like you should have a QB coach on staff
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218

Does Jimmy think the offense was good last year?

@vorel ask Jimmy why he should have a job