Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The one saving grace…..barely

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
If I can bring out my inner Doog for a second.

An offense can get fixed throughout a season….a defense can’t. Will Donovan do ANYTHING differently tomorrow that we haven’t seen so far? I doubt it….but offenses can have a good day…a good run….they start to figure it out.

We’ll know by the 2nd drive….you can run on Michigan. The game last week….the holes were there.
Playaction and move the fucking sticks. We can bag the 7 yard out to the far wide side. That would be great.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    He got some new socks. They are crew cut instead of boot cut.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HuskyJW said:

An offense can get fixed throughout a season….a defense can’t. Will Donovan do ANYTHING differently tomorrow that we haven’t seen so far? I doubt it….but offenses can have a good day…a good run….they start to figure it out.

We’ll know by the 2nd drive….you can run on Michigan. The game last week….the holes were there.
    Playaction and move the fucking sticks. We can bag the 7 yard out to the far wide side. That would be great.

In 1989, the Huskies gave up about 530 yards and 34 points in a loss at home to ASU. The following week they revamped the defense and went to the 46, and UW beat OSU 51-14. A few weeks later they drubbed Florida 34-7
    Cary Conklin versus Paul Justin IIRC. I wanta say Conklin and a UW receiver (Andre Riley maybe?) set school records in that loss.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,050 Founders Club
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

In 1989, the Huskies gave up about 530 yards and 34 points in a loss at home to ASU. The following week they revamped the defense and went to the 46, and UW beat OSU 51-14. A few weeks later they drubbed Florida 34-7
    Cary Conklin versus Paul Justin IIRC. I wanta say Conklin and a UW receiver (Andre Riley maybe?) set school records in that loss.
    I was there! Literally 1 of 2 or 3 UW games I went to while in high school.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    89 started off with Colorado running our DAWGS out of the stadium. By ASU James had enough. The talent was improving for the three year title run to follow but the results weren't there until the switch

I've always given James credit for that, not Lambo. Sorry pup
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

I was there! Literally 1 of 2 or 3 UW games I went to while in high school.
    I was listening on the radio.

Komo 1000 buttfucker!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Thank you for that. I forgot about those games from 32 years ago and that they had to totally revamp the defense.
    Maybe I should have just given you the response to which you've grown so accustomed.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club

Wopner's on at 4:30.

*Wapner
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Thank you for that. I forgot about those games from 32 years ago and that they had to totally revamp the defense.
    Maybe I should have just given you the response to which you've grown so accustomed.

When you stand in the middle you get hit by both sides of traffic
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think it’s easier to fix a defense mid season than an offense. Offense is too precision based and we also don’t have a running QB that you can simplify things for and rub RPO pretty much we’ll game.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

I think it’s easier to fix a defense mid season than an offense. Offense is too precision based and we also don’t have a running QB that you can simplify things for and rub RPO pretty much we’ll game.

New bored motto?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

Wopner's on at 4:30.

Quit plagarisms of shit, fucko.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795
    This thread is one complete failure that a simple picture disproves