Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wokeness more important than winning

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I didn't like it at the time. It just wreaked of laziness. You at least take some time and evaluate options. Now quiet cow is gone and there's a mess.

Fire everyone as always. I miss Mike Lude. He got it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lake is Colonel Kurtz

He was groomed for a seat at the big table.

Then he volunteered to go to Montana and something changed

He was given a lot of credit for our alleged great recruiting

He was hand picked by Petersen and Jenni

Everyone knew it was coming and 81% were ok with it

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Lake is Colonel Kurtz

Let the record reflect I was in the 19% that did not think it was a good idea to annoint him without a search, but even I had no idea it would actually be a disaster. I thought recruiting would be nailz. I also didn't realize Jimmy didn't know ANY other coaches so nobody would come here but a janitors assistant from the NFL who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel.
    I thought it was fine but got ripped a decent amount for saying Lake should not fire several of the mediocre position coaches because he didn’t have enough connections to replace them properly and needed to demonstrate to other coaches he understood the good ole boys retard incest network that is football coaching.

I don’t think anyone on the staff thinks that Lake will fall on the sword and he clearly isn’t the type of guy that is going to develop position coaches into a healthy coaching tree. Young coaches need mentorship and direction and experienced coaches need space and loyalty. My hope was that lake could get out of the way of competent coaches and do the shit everyone else hates, like recruiting and interviews. He doesn’t appear to be able to do either.

I suppose a better AD that knew what they were doing would have required Lake convince Kwat to stay or have a silent commit from a legitimate OC before inking in the HC contract.
  • Options
    Sonny6KillerSonny6Killer Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment

This is a stupid fucking post. Jimmy was a no-brainer hire at the time. We're just now seeing that his appeal was all a mirage. Diversity didn't have shit to do with it.

Sure, a guy with ZERO head coaching experience and two years as a co-DC (where his “Co” already had an elite defense at the time he was elevated) is a “no brainer” hire. That’s a stupid fucking comment. As for whether it was a diversity hire maybe we should ask Pete Kwiatkowski.

• Options
    JackDonakeyJackDonakey Member Posts: 42
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Heres racist: How many black head coaches from the current AP Top 25?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lake is Colonel Kurtz

disagree. kurtz was actually extremely effective at what he did (i.e. leading an army, executions, etc).

mods/devs - please note this is not a direct call for genocide, just sayin that kurtz was good at it. jimmy lake couldnt lead a genocide of coffee cups.
    Jimmy just needs more time to get his jungle hideout in there

I was going to call Jimmy the Golden Boy like Kurtz. Glad I didn't
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

doogie said:

Jimmy wasn't a diversity hire

But he was a panic hire I believe. UW knew Jimmy had talent and lacked a Rolodex and resume but lacked confidence they could ever get him back once he took a big time coordinator job
    He didn’t really need a rolodex. Besides OC, the staff was in place. This was supposed to be a plug in and go situation.

Get Pete and his bullshit offense our, keep the D the same, and profit. Instead we hired John Donovan and Jimmy can’t coach or organize even close to what Pete could.

I don’t think we have an assistant coach problem. It’s the head coach. It almost always is. Jimmy isn’t gonna be the guy. The guy wouldn’t ever lose to Montana.
    The only way a loss to Montana would be even remotely forgivable is if the Huskies fumbled four times inside Montana's red zone and lost 31-30 in a blizzard on a day when 17 Huskies were in street clothes due to Covid.

But 7 points and 64 yards rushing? A day that will live in infamy.
    This is so fucking absurd I feel like I am taking crazy pills just reading it.
    How many of those 64 yards were on the first drive?
  • Options

A diversity hire President hires a diversity hire AD who hires a diversity hire Head Football Coach

This is such an ignorant take. There are many nonwoke and nondiverse programs that suck.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021

This is a stupid fucking post. Jimmy was a no-brainer hire at the time. We're just now seeing that his appeal was all a mirage. Diversity didn't have shit to do with it.

Bill Doba was a no brainer hire too.

I guess.

But at least Bill Doba took Mike Prices players to a 10 win season.

Gonna be awhile before UW sees that again, no?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Diversity had nothing to do with it. Now Willingham, Romar, Tia Jackson. That is a different story.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lake is Colonel Kurtz

disagree. kurtz was actually extremely effective at what he did (i.e. leading an army, executions, etc).

mods/devs - please note this is not a direct call for genocide, just sayin that kurtz was good at it. jimmy lake couldnt lead a genocide of coffee cups.
    Huh?
  • Options
    JackDonakeyJackDonakey Member Posts: 42
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I remember a sticky at the top of this bored from awhile ago that was basically titled, "Don't talk any shit about Jimmy Lake, he's the shit." <-- and it was serious.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Your coordinators are why you are bad—and they are two old white guys.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Your coordinators are why you are bad—and they are two old white guys.

Three old white guys >>> Two old white guys