Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What are the chances Donovan gets the boot come Monday?

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
If the script goes the same, the offense struggles and thus wears out the D wears again so Michigan wins 31-10.

So hopefully at least a 30% chance? Better to rip the band-aid off before Arkansas State and a bye week a few weeks after that than stick with a dead man walking.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

0%

Closer to 0 than 30. I don't see JL thinking it's as bad as everyone else outside the building does and I also don't see him being able to sell Cohen on it, who is coming to grips with attendance free fall numbers they didn't budget for at all.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    Jimmy has a big ego. Not sure how long he will be able to stomach criticism from fans/media. Firing Jon Don is the only way he can try to change the narrative if (when) the offense lays another egg vs Michigan. I can see Jimmy firing Jon Don on the tarmac and making Junior interim OC for remainder of season if he thinks it will make his life easier.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    They'll say "That was a good Michigan D"
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    Canadawg said:

Not sure you realize the script actually has us winning. Michigan is us in blue

I wish this would be the case but with the injuries at WR, vintage Reggie Williams and John Ross ain't walking in the door any time soon.

"It's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's" is often said about the college game but what if crucial Jimmy's and Joe's are injured and the OC sucks so badly he can't mitigate that with the X's and O's either?

FYFMFE.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Stick to the script giddammit, Jimmy will have the team fired up, we will come out like a house on fire, take a 17pt lead late into the 3rd quarter, eventually squander it and lose by a last second field goal....all the Doogs will say, "wow!, what an improvement" it will be enough to appease the stupid Doogs, but not enough to get anybody ffired, we will follow it up with a win over Arky State and everyone will say we are trending innthe right direction for conference play

A moral victory seems pretty much in the bag to me. I'm not even sure why they bother playing the game. Read the fucking script people.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Jimmy seems to be the type who will double down on an unpopular stance just to prove the naysayers wrong. He is going to go down with this ship.

Jimmy’s the smartest guy in the room

He’s shielding everybody right now by taking all the blame because I honestly don’t think he views Montana as being THAT bad to his future at Washington

If things get going more South, I’m interested to see how quickly there’s a shift to throwing others under the bus
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    If the record sucks, Jimmy will 100% fire JD at the end of the year. Jimmy’s an egomaniac (normal for coaches, sure) who thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room.

Bad record = he won’t be able to accept his faults and will look for a scapegoat just like the fans. UW nation will rejoice - nothing we love more than an exciting coordinator change! Jimmy will hire another retread, results will stay the same, but he buys himself another 2 years (New OC needs time to get his guys in and new scheme installed!).

Jimmy fired after year 3. Take your screenshots.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    I think Donovan is stashed now as an excuse later so when the offense sucks all season then it can be blamed on him then pitched as a reason to be optimistic for the future. Having Donovan around also deflects some of Jimmy’s blame on Donovan and if he’s gone that just leaves Jimmy. I think Huard is also stashed for the same reasons
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,050 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Stick to the script giddammit, Jimmy will have the team fired up, we will come out like a house on fire, take a 17pt lead late into the 3rd quarter, eventually squander it and lose by a last second field goal....all the Doogs will say, "wow!, what an improvement" it will be enough to appease the stupid Doogs, but not enough to get anybody ffired, we will follow it up with a win over Arky State and everyone will say we are trending innthe right direction for conference play

So Michigan, 20-17?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 797

I think Donovan is stashed now as an excuse later so when the offense sucks all season then it can be blamed on him then pitched as a reason to be optimistic for the future. Having Donovan around also deflects some of Jimmy’s blame on Donovan and if he’s gone that just leaves Jimmy. I think Huard is also stashed for the same reasons

This. Keeping Donovan gives Jimmy a scapegoat to save his own ass.