Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Football Week 0

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062

Illinois
UCLA
Fresno
UTEP
SJSU

Good teams win.

Great teams cover.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,597 Founders Club
    Southern Utah and San Jose State! Better DVR that shit!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    Dress rehearsal for the Haener/ Ty Jones tandem before they take it to Oregon
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609

Dress rehearsal for the Haener/ Ty Jones tandem before they take it to Oregon

Yeah they look fucking sweet
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062

Southern Utah and San Jose State! Better DVR that shit!

Put some action on that and give yourself another reason to be a living, breathing, American man.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Haener is not good
    I enjoy watching games played on natural grass 100x more than I do turf….
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Didn’t realize that the Rose Bowl and Stanford Stadium were one in the same for attendance
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609

Scott Frost will not make it through the season. Can't wait til Nebraska fires him for those self-reported recruiting violations

He may not make it to tomorrow…this is what year 4 looks like? Jfc
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Scott Frost will not make it through the season. Can't wait til Nebraska fires him for those self-reported recruiting violations

Fat Bielema going full BOHICA on Frosty … must have thought the game was in a Wendy’s drive thru
    Tequilla said:

Didn’t realize that the Rose Bowl and Stanford Stadium were one in the same for attendance

People in LA still hiding under their beds
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Just remember I called UCLA winning the south.

Dip for Chip!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club

The accountant, Matt Lubick is Frosts OC. That’s all you really need to know about why four years in Nebraska still can’t move the ball.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I actually thought he would do well at Nebraska. Not like their glory years, but at least 9-4 type seasons every year.
  • ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Take aways from today.

1) We might be able to beat Nebraska.
    2) DTR is as inconsistent as he’s always been. Garbers time?
    3) Jake Haener trying to go on a UW revenge tour throwing his first TD to Tye Jones.

All that to say can Jimmy Lake recruit?
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    DTR was 2/8 in the 1st quarter that I saw. 1st game of the season overreaction or can he not actually throw?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited August 2021

I actually thought he would do well at Nebraska. Not like their glory years, but at least 9-4 type seasons every year.
    Same. He looked like every dream new hire profile:

- Fiercely tied to the program
    - Proven winner as a HC, undefeated and undeclared natty (lol)
    - Reputation as offensive innovator, was part of those Chip Oregon teams that boatraced everyone for years
    - Understood recruiting importance/dealings from playing and working under Tom Osborne

CFB is crazy. The unpredictability is also partly why I'm still dooging for our offense this year. With the nothingburger resume of Donovan and no real proven WRs or star RBs, on paper we shouldn't be that great at all on O...yet I think we'll be fine. Feel free to bump this when I'm wrong ( ^▽^)っ✂╰⋃╯
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

Same. He looked like every dream new hire profile:

- Fiercely tied to the program
    - Proven winner as a HC, undefeated and undeclared natty (lol)
    - Reputation as offensive innovator, was part of those Chip Oregon teams that boatraced everyone for years
    - Understood recruiting importance/dealings from playing and working under Tom Osborne

CFB is crazy. The unpredictability is also partly why I'm still dooging for our offense this year. With the nothingburger resume of Donovan and no real proven WRs or star RBs, on paper we shouldn't be that great at all on O...yet I think we'll be fine. Feel free to bump this when I'm wrong ( ^▽^)っ✂╰⋃╯
    The bar isn’t high, but this will easily be our best offense since 2016.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Wow. I thought about checking for the pick em this morning. But then thought, no way the Marshall does one on Week zero.

Turns out I was right.

Sad.
  • ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    biak1 said:

DTR was 2/8 in the 1st quarter that I saw. 1st game of the season overreaction or can he not actually throw?

I don't really think Garbers will ever sniff the field. DTR is an amazing athlete, but always seems to be an inconsistent passer to me. I guess he missed some of their summer practices, so maybe he was more sloppy than normal?