Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which seemingly non-impactful player in 2021 will randomly be much improved?

2»

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Hampton starts by 3rd game sending ASA to Montana State. Second team All PAC 12
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I would love to see Irvin have an impact. Kid has had bad luck his whole UW career. Looked like a real baller in HS and comes from good stock
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

If we are going with a veteran, either Alex Cook or Julius Irvin seem like decent choices. Cook came out of nowhere to start last year. Irvin has been injured, buried in the depth, and was absolutely fucking terrible against Arizona last year.

My hot take is that Cooper McDonald and Trice are equal or better than Smalls. Practice reports mean nothing, but they get mentioned playing alongside Bowman more than Smalls does. All three should be good players at some point. We need them to be good now.

I'll go with Irvin, too; he's entering his 4th year at UW and has 2 career tackles.

Looking at the past, these awards always went to upperclassmen who did nothing for most of their career but came out of nowhere. Andrew Hudson, Tani Tupou, Damion Turpin, Zeke Turner, and Jared Hilbers come to mind.
    Irvin getting torched by Garbage Time Gunnell last year reminded me of Budda and SMFJ against EWU in 2014. I like the pick.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614