Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

McDonald, Thurmond, Schofield gone already

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Seahawks defensive depth taking some hits early in FA. McDonald was a guy I wanted to see them keep. Hopefully the kids they drafted last year are ready to step in at DT.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    McDonald hurts a bit ... but you can't overpay to keep him ...

The other two you knew were going ...

There's a lot of pass rushers out on the market ... will be interested to see what someone would take to come here.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Yeah McDonald and McDaniel are the ones I want/wanted to keep as well, but great for McDonadl though. He was really close to being out of the league and now he has a $12 million contract.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yeah McDonald and McDaniel are the ones I want/wanted to keep as well, but great for McDonadl though. He was really close to being out of the league and now he has a $12 million contract.

Agreed, I'm happy for the guy, although playing for Shiano is going to suck ass after playing for Pete.

Well now the story has changed to Thurmond is just "visiting" Jacksonville. Would have to think he's still going to leave, for their or somewhere else.

At this point I'll be happy if they can just resign Tate for no more than $5M per, McDaniel on a reasonable small deal and Haushka for a couple mill. Jermichael Finley visiting is interesting, but I'd rather just renegotiate Miller's deal down.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    tate is visiting detroit.
    The good thing about Schoefield, McDonald, and Thurmond is we're racking up compensatory picks for 2015
    dhdawg said:

The good thing about Schoefield, McDonald, and Thurmond is we're racking up compensatory picks for 2015

I'm totally clueless on the compensatory system, how does this work?

edited March 2014
    I'm not fully sure, the round depends on salary
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I'm totally clueless on the compensatory system, how does this work?

I'm hearing Adam Scheffter will be hosting a kickass presser on the subject on NFL live this week.

Assuming his kid doesn't get the crud of course.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you can somehow find a way to bring Finley in as your #2 TE that is blocking on the weak side and a threat in the play action passing game, I'm all for that move.

If you are bringing Finley in to be the #1 TE at the expense of Zach Miller, then that's a terrible move.

I don't think you can count on Finley to be healthy for 16 games plus the playoffs.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If you can somehow find a way to bring Finley in as your #2 TE that is blocking on the weak side and a threat in the play action passing game, I'm all for that move.

If you are bringing Finley in to be the #1 TE at the expense of Zach Miller, then that's a terrible move.

I don't think you can count on Finley to be healthy for 16 games plus the playoffs.

Finley, Luke Wiilson, and Anthony McCoy is a fine trio at TE. You can always draft another in the later rounds, use a tackle in extra TE sets like they did in the playoff, or sign a blocking TE for the minimum. No point to pay Zach Miller 7 million. He's solid, but that is top 5 TE money. He is due a one million bonus next Thursday, so the decision will be made by then.

This will sound homerish but the offseason so far has been excellent for Seattle. They let some marginal players walk and will get a lot of comp picks next year. They re-signed their key piece Bennett and after the Clemons cut still have like $18 million in cap room left. I'd have like to kept Tate but not a big deal.

The team is doing what they did last year, let other teams overspend on the first wave and pick up leftovers on the cheap. Already the market is going dry for pass rushers and after a few weeks they will probably sign some good ones for cheap.

Elway panicked and gave Ware a ridiculous contract. He could have waited and got a similar player for a few million.
    Exactly, right now the broncos are winning the ultimate offseason natty.
    Meanwhile the seahawks, defending champs are picking up a ton of compensatory picks and at the same time not losing any pieces of their core. Plus they'll get the earl Thomas deal done and I still believe they'll get Allen, I have no problem with them losing some depth in fa, they can replenish that through last year and this year's draft class and some garbage pile pickups.
    This is part of keeping a championship team together
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Schofield deal is unbelievable. The Giants gave him a 2 yr/8 mil deal. The Seahawks pick him up off waivers for the minimum and he plays 144 plays all season, gets 8 tackles and 1 sack, and ends up getting 8 million over 2 years. What the fuck are the Giants doing?

The Schofield deal is unbelievable. The Giants gave him a 2 yr/8 mil deal. The Seahawks pick him up off waivers for the minimum and he plays 144 plays all season, gets 8 tackles and 1 sack, and ends up getting 8 million over 2 years. What the fuck are the Giants doing?

why do you think he "failed" his physical with them?
    edited March 2014
    What a douche move by the giants. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember him ever having any knee issues come up.