Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Family owned businesses now will give half to the gov't upon death of the founder?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This has to be from he Life Insurance Lobby.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

I think it's the ongoing assault on the middle class
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

doogie said:

People who own businesses, worth millions, are not middle class.
  • Options
    Founders Club

doogie said:

You think all small business owners are worth millions? Then you are brainwashed by Marxists.
  • Options
    Founders Club

doogie said:

And you're implying that if someone built up a business to be worth millions, that it's okay for the government to seize half? Think about what you're saying.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @TheKobeStopper

"You didn't build that."
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Love to live my life in fear and anger about hypothetical scenarios I make up in my head
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Love to live my life in fear and anger about hypothetical scenarios I make up in my head

It's written in the bill.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

doogie said:

And you're implying that if someone built up a business to be worth millions, that it's okay for the government to seize half? Think about what you're saying.
    He has though about it. His position is yes, the government is entitled to half of your work, even though you paid taxes on it already during your life once, once you die. To redistribute as they see fit. APAG, and many others like him, are 100% on board with this. So much for the American Dream.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2021
    It won't stop there. Went to Walmart the other day to by some DEF fluid, and 5pm on a Thursday, there was only one check stand open and everything else was self checkout. I would guess that there were maybe 5 employees total working the floor (counting the two working checkout).

People are refusing to work until they get a "fair" wage. Unfortunately, for these morons, their definition of a "fair" wage is about 30%-40% more than what the market will pay. Expect to see more and more of these businesses to find ways to do more with less staff, and these people waiting for a "fair" wage will wait themselves into welfare and homelessness. Then with fewer tax payers and more Kobe's sucking up resources, taxes will need to jump into the 50's, or the government will be forced to default, which it won't do.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

doogie said:

You think all small business owners are worth millions? Then you are brainwashed by Marxists.
    You needed this comment to know that APAG is a naive malcontent who thinks the government needs to regulate his well being?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

doogie said:

Even if they are worth millions ... FUCK OFF

• Options

doogie said:

Have you ever made your own money, or have you always lived off others?
  • Options

doogie said:

Ironic considering the subject of the thread.

Who cares? That clearly has no value. If it did, you guys wouldn’t be sobbing over exactly how much the children of millionaires should inherit.
  • Options

doogie said:

I can’t tell if you’re being intentionally dishonest or you’re just misinformed here but, yes, everyone subject to the estate tax is worth millions.
  • Options

doogie said:

Who cares? That clearly has no value. If it did, you guys wouldn’t be sobbing over exactly how much the children of millionaires should inherit.
    Obviously you failed economics, because you lack little to no understanding of how a business operates. Say Dad passes away from his manufacturing company, and said company is now valued minus liabilities at roughly $6.5 million dollars. If dad founded said company, then you are looking at a capital return of $6.5 million in value. If you tax 50%, that creates a tax bill of $3.25 million. Do you think the business has reserves in place for that kind of bill? So what can the kid's do? Sell the business, or liquidate a large portion of the company's assets (machines, supplies, inventory) to cover the cost. In essence, the government takes a soundly ran family owned business, and turns it into a shell of it's former self. More often enough liquidating the business into bankruptcy or forcing a quick sell to a conglomerate. Which then restricts competitions, and helps create an oligopoly in even more segments of the economy. Great thought process genius. Now I can see why you hate standardized testing so much.
    The one thing you’re missing in this is that a business like this is one that likely is operating on a working line of credit at most but to satisfy the tax burden would either need to leverage either the business with debt or themselves with debt to keep the business afloat

People like Kobe don’t understand that small family owned businesses (particularly ones that pass from generation to generation) are foundational elements of this country
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Obviously you failed economics, because you lack little to no understanding of how a business operates. Say Dad passes away from his manufacturing company, and said company is now valued minus liabilities at roughly $6.5 million dollars. If dad founded said company, then you are looking at a capital return of $6.5 million in value. If you tax 50%, that creates a tax bill of $3.25 million. Do you think the business has reserves in place for that kind of bill? So what can the kid's do? Sell the business, or liquidate a large portion of the company's assets (machines, supplies, inventory) to cover the cost. In essence, the government takes a soundly ran family owned business, and turns it into a shell of it's former self. More often enough liquidating the business into bankruptcy or forcing a quick sell to a conglomerate. Which then restricts competitions, and helps create an oligopoly in even more segments of the economy. Great thought process genius. Now I can see why you hate standardized testing so much.
    The one thing you’re missing in this is that a business like this is one that likely is operating on a working line of credit at most but to satisfy the tax burden would either need to leverage either the business with debt or themselves with debt to keep the business afloat

People like Kobe don’t understand that small family owned businesses (particularly ones that pass from generation to generation) are foundational elements of this country
    Very good point. Definitely missed that
  • Options

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Very good point. Definitely missed that
    Your primary point is that Kobe is clueless and supports whatever gives money to those that haven’t earned it
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    edited August 2021
    When this finance board was orphaned the first time, did Creepycoug's will pay the govt?