Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China's Pivot Away from Capitalism?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
For the last 20 years, the joke was China was becoming better capitalists than the US w/ their pro business regulations.

Then last year Jack Ma w/ Alibaba mouthed off for the last time and the Gov't put him and Baba into the penalty box.

Since then, they have continued to target and squish many of their highest flying most successful sectors, taking 2 trillion out of the Market Cap. of their stock market (1 trillion alone between Tencent, Baba, and Meituan)

About 5 years ago, they did the same thing to many shadow banks which I understood, b/c of their corruption and were making zombie loans, and who's financials were a house of cards.

However the sectors they have targeted today, from what I can see are well run, legitimate w/ real earnings.

Obviously they are aware of all this, so I wonder what has changed for them to want to pull it all back.

Anyway, your bulls double in Baba is back to level and am in fact underwater as I have been averaging down (bought last set yesterday at 162).

Sigh Google was there for me at 1K 18 months ago......