Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taliban: the West Has No Grounds to Discuss Freedom of Speech When Facebook Censors People

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Its a weird coincidence that the left in America keeps lobbing softballs to enemies of America

Bunch of malarkey, if you ask me.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Its a weird coincidence that the left in America keeps lobbing softballs to enemies of America

Bunch of malarkey, if you ask me.

I was promised NO MALARKEY
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Peas in a pod, like minded thinking and all that.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

It’s a weird coincidence that the right in America sounds just like the Taliban.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    They’re not wrong
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It’s a weird coincidence that the right in America sounds just like the Taliban.
    Pathetic
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Your particular brand of intellectual dishonesty is so incredibly boring and juvenile. How on earth did you get like this?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Living in moms basement with no rules and no responsibility
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Go ahead and source the bodies laying in the streets in the US as a result of the right.

Fuck, dude. Get a grip.

• Options
    Look I’m all for mocking FaceBook and Twitter for their uneven application of censorship by political ideology, but those are private companies, and they can do as they see fit….until the Federal Govt gets off its ass and realizes that their are antitrust applications here, as well as healthcare and insurance that need to be addressed, because big Social Media needs to be broken up into smaller entities.

To the point, the Taliban are a genocidal terrorist war machine and no one should pay any kind to their absurd musings on free speech from their fucking caves in Afghanistan.

Well, I guess they aren’t in caves any longer since we(?) decided to turn the entire country and military infrastructure over to them.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Look I’m all for mocking FaceBook and Twitter for their uneven application of censorship by political ideology, but those are private companies, and they can do as they see fit….until the Federal Govt gets off its ass and realizes that their are antitrust applications here, as well as healthcare and insurance that need to be addressed, because big Social Media needs to be broken up into smaller entities.

To the point, the Taliban are a genocidal terrorist war machine and no one should pay any kind to their absurd musings on free speech from their fucking caves in Afghanistan.

Well, I guess they aren’t in caves any longer since we(?) decided to turn the entire country and military infrastructure over to them.

https://newsmax.com/newsfront/facebook-ftc-antitrust-case/2021/08/19/id/1033026/

U.S. antitrust officials on Thursday refiled their monopoly lawsuit against Facebook Inc., seeking to salvage the landmark case that a judge threw out in June.

The Federal Trade Commission filed the new complaint in federal court in Washington, alleging that Facebook violated antitrust laws by buying Instagram and WhatsApp in order to eliminate them as competitors.

Facebook responded, posting: "We are reviewing the FTC’s amended complaint and will have more to say soon."

The agency is trying to revive the case after U.S. District Judge James Boasberg in June dismissed it, saying the agency failed to provide enough detail to support its claim that Facebook has a monopoly in the social-media market. Boasberg had given the FTC 30 days to fix the error and refile, and the commission won an extension until Aug. 19.

The Facebook case, first filed in December, presents an early test for FTC Chair Lina Khan, who was named head of the agency in June by President Joe Biden. Khan is a leading advocate for taking a more forceful antitrust stance against companies and is already taking steps to bolster the agency’s authority.

@iDawg told me that Lina Khan was the real deal on this. I didn't believe him. I figured it was a ruse
  • Options

thechatch said:

https://newsmax.com/newsfront/facebook-ftc-antitrust-case/2021/08/19/id/1033026/

U.S. antitrust officials on Thursday refiled their monopoly lawsuit against Facebook Inc., seeking to salvage the landmark case that a judge threw out in June.

The Federal Trade Commission filed the new complaint in federal court in Washington, alleging that Facebook violated antitrust laws by buying Instagram and WhatsApp in order to eliminate them as competitors.

Facebook responded, posting: "We are reviewing the FTC’s amended complaint and will have more to say soon."

The agency is trying to revive the case after U.S. District Judge James Boasberg in June dismissed it, saying the agency failed to provide enough detail to support its claim that Facebook has a monopoly in the social-media market. Boasberg had given the FTC 30 days to fix the error and refile, and the commission won an extension until Aug. 19.

The Facebook case, first filed in December, presents an early test for FTC Chair Lina Khan, who was named head of the agency in June by President Joe Biden. Khan is a leading advocate for taking a more forceful antitrust stance against companies and is already taking steps to bolster the agency’s authority.

@iDawg told me that Lina Khan was the real deal on this. I didn't believe him. I figured it was a ruse
    Honestly had no idea this had ever been filed….
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    thechatch said:

Your particular brand of intellectual dishonesty is so incredibly boring and juvenile. How on earth did you get like this?
    Where’s the lie?
  • Options

Really?

Beto and the Taliban both want to take the guns

The Taliban are leftists with several members of your party in Congress

I bet Omar is cheering with the squad

Take that lightweight shit to Twitter
    Beto is an unelected idiot. Leftists are pro gun.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    Ever since the fiasco escape from Afghanistan I have been looking for the real move that the Dems / Repubs are making. They were kind of slow getting out of the blocks with it but today it appeared

the push begins.

But then I could be totally caught off guard and this is the diversion to get away from Afghanistan. I am so confused