Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Credit where credit is due: Biden and HCS consolidation

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/hospital-groups-criticize-biden-executive-order-consolidation

This is actually a good EO. Prices have gone up. Quality of care has actually gone down. I was hoping Trump would have done this during his term. As health care systems grow larger, they start to act more and more like government, and that’s not what we want.

We should be going the other way. Teddy R would be looking to Break up Kaiser. Break up Providence. Break up Sutter. Empower individual HCPs and their patients. Get the hospital lobby out of DC and promote results-oriented competition for FFS care, as opposed to funneling patients through large HCS and Insurer networks.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    thechatch said:

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/hospital-groups-criticize-biden-executive-order-consolidation

This is actually a good EO. Prices have gone up. Quality of care has actually gone down. I was hoping Trump would have done this during his term. As health care systems grow larger, they start to act more and more like government, and that’s not what we want.

We should be going the other way. Teddy R would be looking to Break up Kaiser. Break up Providence. Break up Sutter. Empower individual HCPs and their patients. Get the hospital lobby out of DC and promote results-oriented competition for FFS care, as opposed to funneling patients through large HCS and Insurer networks.

All the politicians are paid by these corps
  • Options

thechatch said:

I’m well aware, and the hospital and insurance lobbies are huge in DC. This hurts the former…which is a good thing. The HCS consolidation over the last 10 years has negatively affected physicians and patients…full stop.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I guess that's one small victory in this decades long loss for antitrust
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

thechatch said:

Did you hear this from the Mill Ave poly sci majoring coed who gave you syphilis?
  • Options

thechatch said:

Did you hear this from the Mill Ave poly sci majoring coed who gave you syphilis?
    Worth it
  • Options
    Break up the big HCS and insurer conglomerates. The larger these corporations get, the more power they have, and the more they start to act like government, in regards to rationing care.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

Let he who never got syphilis from a Mill Ave poly sci majoring coed cast the first stone I always say.