Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mostly peaceful corruption

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://newsmax.com/us/art-hunter-biden-bribery-georges-berges/2021/07/26/id/1030030/#

Amid the ongoing controversy of first-time artist Hunter Biden potentially selling paintings for as much as $500,000 with Georges Bergès Gallery, the gallerist's deep ties to China have resurfaced.

Bergès not only told Resident in 2015 his "plan is to be the lead guy in China," but he told Quest magazine in 2014 he traveled to China "three or four times a year" and he had a "solid group of about 25 collectors, most of them overseas." That was seven years ago.

The White House had claimed Hunter Biden and President Joe Biden's administration would be left in the dark about the anonymous bidders for the artwork in sales this September. They have offered assurances that safeguards are in place to prevent the appeance of access to the White House and any influence over policy being purchased. .

But it was reported last week, Hunter Biden is going to attend viewings of the art in Los Angeles and New York with Georges Bergès Gallery, with the reports citing an elevated risk of Biden interacting with bidders in spite of any efforts at anonymity.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki says officials will not know the final buyer – with Bergès, though a close friend of Hunter's, keeping the final buyer's identity to himself. Still, some in the media have raised the prospect of a buyer boasting of a Hunter Biden purchase on social media or via conventional news outlets. .

That Bergès is also boasting of a Rolodex full of international collectors is also concerning, as are his long links with China, according to Fox News.

Bergès' China ties were also noted in the Chinese state-run newspaper China Daily.

"The questions that I always had was how's China changing the world in terms of art and culture," Bergès told China Daily. The artworks he was dealing with the Chinese "are not just pretty objects to create, but also challenge the locals' perceptions of what China is and the institutions they live with."

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And now that APAG admits that Hunter is a junkie one wonders why?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I don’t know if his art is considered valuable because his last name is Biden or because it’s actually good. I do know that’s it’s not an international conspiracy to sell American secrets via paintings for a piddly $500,000 because I’m not an insane conspiracy theorist.

Real “Bush did 9/11” vibes imho.
  • Options

I don’t know if his art is considered valuable because his last name is Biden or because it’s actually good. I do know that’s it’s not an international conspiracy to sell American secrets via paintings for a piddly $500,000 because I’m not an insane conspiracy theorist.

How much were Hunter's masterpieces selling for before The Big Guy took the Presidency?
    I’ll go ahead put you down for “it’s his last name”.

I’m sorry that the world isn’t a meritocracy like you thought and crack heads can get paid because of who their daddy is. No need to lash out with ridiculous conspiracy theories though.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

How much were Hunter's masterpieces selling for before The Big Guy took the Presidency?
    I’ll go ahead put you down for “it’s his last name”.

I’m sorry that the world isn’t a meritocracy like you thought and crack heads can get paid because their daddy is a corrupt life long politician. who their daddy is. No need to lash out with ridiculous conspiracy theories though.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,029
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Again the question is are you really this stupid or just playing?
    Rhetorical question, obviously.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The art dealer is linked to the CCP. You keep making jello.
  • Options
    doogie said:

No way. Rich guy who sells bullshit to richer guys knows people in China? Earth shattering.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams?
  • Options

doogie said:

You should let H embarrass himself with this lame act

You can do better
    When I need a lesson on embarrassing myself, I’ll just go to your Twitter.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

You should let H embarrass himself with this lame act

You can do better
    When I need a lesson on embarrassing myself, I’ll just go to your Twitter.
    Imagine losing to me

• Options
    So much for Trump voters being silenced on social media.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LeBron James is a billionaire — the first U.S. team sport athlete to do it while still playing

So much for systemic white racism in America.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

LeBron James is a billionaire — the first U.S. team sport athlete to do it while still playing

So much for systemic white racism in America.
    Have you ever heard of a strawman?