Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

petros papadakis gets it

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
So I'm driving home bored as fuck, and decide to flip to softy for 5 minutes. You can easily recognize the voice of Petros. Softy of course said there are some concerns about whether or not Pete can recruit the guys that can win in UW, Petros laughed in the middle of the statement and said Petersen at one point had an SEC caliber DL at one point at a non AQ school, that doesn't happen by accident.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,616
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Idiots are wrong, water is wet.

I've always liked Petros. I'm a fan of sarcasm.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Petros won me over when at halftime this year against WSU he flat out said UW is underachieving and should have won 10 games. Flat out said Sark should be fired and isn't the guy to take UW to the next level. Then after the game when UW won he didn't back off that statement.

I loved seeing a national guy say what us loosers who live in our mom's basement with a boner in our sweatpants have been saying for years.

Petros national? Alrighty then!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BTW, here is Boise State's starting DL from 2011.

DE- Shea McClellin- 1st round pick Bears
    DT- Billy Winn- 6th round pick Browns
    DT- Chase Baker- Minnesota Vikings Practice Squad
    DE- Tyrone Crawford- 3rd Round Pick Cowboys

Backup DE Jarrell Root was one of the last cuts by the Dolphins. He was the goofy bastard on Hard Knocks. Every starter on at least an NFL practice squad. McClellin and Winn have started games. This had to have been the best DL in the nation besides maybe Alabama or LSU's.
  • Options

Petros won me over when at halftime this year against WSU he flat out said UW is underachieving and should have won 10 games. Flat out said Sark should be fired and isn't the guy to take UW to the next level. Then after the game when UW won he didn't back off that statement.

I loved seeing a national guy say what us loosers who live in our mom's basement with a boner in our sweatpants have been saying for years.

Damn Roadie I see PP the same way. Hated him...mostly because of his voice and because he was a trojan. Now he's one of my faves. Only dude that speaks his mind and seemingly doesn't care. And I HATED him, his dark circled eyes, his voice, his brash ass etc...couldnt even watch his games with volume.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Yes he's considered national. Stop acting so ignant all the damn time.
  • Options

Backup DE Jarrell Root was one of the last cuts by the Dolphins. He was the goofy bastard on Hard Knocks. Every starter on at least an NFL practice squad. McClellin and Winn have started games. This had to have been the best DL in the nation besides maybe Alabama or LSU's.

Could UW even make up a DL like that if you used every DL who played for us in the past decade? I'm sure UW could but it would be close.

Petersen can recruit and he lives in a world of abundance as well. He can also develop talent unlike dude brah.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

You just brought more data and insight than KGFS in a year Lifetime
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Petros was on with Softy before last season and was basically lamenting the new low expectations at UW. Petros was intimating that 8-9 wins from Sark wouldn't mean anything because of what UW used to be. I think he even said it was sad what happened to UW. He knows what UW should be.

Calling for Sark's head is impressive from him considering I think they knew each other, being from the same area at the same time and have a repoire with each other.
  • Options

Petros was on with Softy before last season and was basically lamenting the new low expectations at UW. Petros was intimating that 8-9 wins from Sark wouldn't mean anything because of what UW used to be. I think he even said it was sad what happened to UW. He knows what UW should be.

Calling for Sark's head is impressive from him considering I think they knew each other, being from the same area at the same time and have a repoire with each other.
    I don't think he said the words "should be fired" but strongly hinted towards it. He did say I don't think Sark can be the guy to get Washington to the level that they need to be.

He often talks about during the Sark and Ty years when he came up here in 1997 with USC when they were shutout 27-0. He talks about how electric this stadium is and can be.

What is sad is we thought of that 1997 team as underachievers and he is right in that we have a far ways away from reaching that level again when dude brah was coach.

With Petersen I think UW will be successful and some Doog morons will credit Sark for "stocking the cupboard" which we will know that isn't true.

Petersen is just the kind of coach this program needs and with USC botching their hire I think UW has a chance to be a power in this conference shortly.
  • Options

Yes he's considered national. Stop acting so ignant all the damn time.
    He is? Mike Bellotti calls the most meaningless morning big10 games with a worthless dyke trying fruitlessly to enter a mans' booth, and I'd consider him, and her (if you can consider him a her) more national than Petro.
  • Options
    The fact Kim doubts him is all the evidence that I need that Petermen will be successful.

Kim is a clueless dumb fuck and when Petermen leads UW to a BCS win I won't let him on the bandwagon!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The fact Kim doubts him is all the evidence that I need that Petermen will be successful.

Kim is a clueless dumb fuck and when Petermen leads UW to a BCS win I won't let him on the bandwagon!

That Renton midget fuckwad is going to be even more exasperated when Petersen's returns the program to prominence and he is still completely shut out.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2014

Will Peetamus allow Bleenor in his hotel room to drink champagna that drinks like a cab out of the rose bowl trophy?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Good on Petros for realizing that the UW should aspire to be more than 5-4 in conference ... fuck your 9 win season win only 5 of those wins come against your peers.

I'd rather play a hard non-conference schedule, get my ass kicked nationally, have a 9-3 or 8-4 regular season that means that I won the PAC North, then win the conference title game than beating up on cupcakes, sucking in conference, and going to some bowl game that is lacking a corporate sponsor.

And yes, I know, I am only posting the obvious.

And yes, I know, 9 win seasons are special.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't think he said the words "should be fired" but strongly hinted towards it. He did say I don't think Sark can be the guy to get Washington to the level that they need to be.

He often talks about during the Sark and Ty years when he came up here in 1997 with USC when they were shutout 27-0. He talks about how electric this stadium is and can be.

What is sad is we thought of that 1997 team as underachievers and he is right in that we have a far ways away from reaching that level again when dude brah was coach.

With Petersen I think UW will be successful and some Doog morons will credit Sark for "stocking the cupboard" which we will know that isn't true.

Petersen is just the kind of coach this program needs and with USC botching their hire I think UW has a chance to be a power in this conference shortly.
    The '97 team was Street and Smith's preseason number one (I used to read those religiously). Lambo was lucky to keep his job.

As for Petros, he knows what real Warshington football is, pre Gilby-Try trainwreck/U Ho hype machine gay Chip.