Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hilton to cut daily housecleaning at their hotels

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
You can call down and request it, but if you don't they aren't going to come in and clean the room/make the bed/etc.

This won't apply to their premium properties, but this will allow any hotel/motel at or below (which is probably 75% of all places) Hilton's level to follow suit.

Another indicator of what Covid pulled forward economically. Eventually it would have happened, just not this soon.

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Truth be told I don’t want someone else in my room during my stay, so I’m personally OK with this.

Is daily cleaning extra if you do want it?

Didn't say there was, but makes sense next step for revenue stream would be Housekeeping provided every 3rd day and if you want it more than that it will be extra.

Well done DDJ. Thinking like a capitalist CEO
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I like to cut costs under the guise of environmental sustainability, that’s what I like.

I don’t particularly enjoy staff going in my room unless it’s really needed. Like this time in Hawaii I met a slutty Russian stripper (redundant? 2x?) and I had been promised a threesome if I met a suitable candidate. I declared her suitable. But she wanted to hang out again the next day, and I decided to press my luck and get the angry girlfriend treatment. My new friend being a lush was to be expected, her puking all over the mini fridge area was less so. Big thanks to the staff at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for promptly cleaning up that mess of pizza, a rainbow of beverages that had been drunk out of hollowed out pineapples, and Plan B.

If that story didn’t warm your heart I have another one. One of my dads left $10k cash in the safe of the Maui Hyatt something or other and didn’t realize it until we were home. They called, one of the cleaning staff had made the discovery and turned it in. I assume he gave them a reward, and I learned a valuable lesson: don’t leave shit in the hotel safe because obviously they can open that.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Truth be told I don’t want someone else in my room during my stay, so I’m personally OK with this.

Probably not, just saves on staffing and operating costs.

I'd prefer this way anyway
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

You probably never had a hot housekeeper walking in on you fantasy.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

I like to cut costs under the guise of environmental sustainability, that’s what I like.

I don’t particularly enjoy staff going in my room unless it’s really needed. Like this time in Hawaii I met a slutty Russian stripper (redundant? 2x?) and I had been promised a threesome if I met a suitable candidate. I declared her suitable. But she wanted to hang out again the next day, and I decided to press my luck and get the angry girlfriend treatment. My new friend being a lush was to be expected, her puking all over the mini fridge area was less so. Big thanks to the staff at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for promptly cleaning up that mess of pizza, a rainbow of beverages that had been drunk out of hollowed out pineapples, and Plan B.

If that story didn’t warm your heart I have another one. One of my dads left $10k cash in the safe of the Maui Hyatt something or other and didn’t realize it until we were home. They called, one of the cleaning staff had made the discovery and turned it in. I assume he gave them a reward, and I learned a valuable lesson: don’t leave shit in the hotel safe because obviously they can open that.

Your dad runs drugs? Or evades taxes? Or abundance?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not since my wild threesome with a bellhop and front-desk clerk.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I really don’t want nor need anyone in my room if it’s a weekend trip. Need my coffee though and just snag that off the cart on my way back to the room after breakfast anyway.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not since my wild threesome with a bellhop and front-desk clerk.
    Why do you hate concierges?
  • Options

Your dad runs drugs? Or evades taxes? Or abundance?
    Option C. As far as I know the closest he’s come to running drugs is giving my 15 year old self a ride when I had a bag of weed or blow on me. Evading taxes is a no brainer with Option C, but in a classy, white collar American patriot kind of way. This was also ~20 years ago when society was more cash friendly, and my parents didn’t want to be left in want in case they wanted to buy an art or jewelry from someone unable to take card.
  • Options
    I had my first experience this weekend with housekeeping by request only. I stayed at this hotel almost a dozen times, most recently six or seven months ago and they changed it since then. No idea if it’s an industry trend spearheaded by the big chains, as someone predicted, or if this is just one of those Covid ripples as businesses try to cut costs.

This should have always been a thing. I enjoyed not having to hear “hauskeeeepin” every time I was on the girlfriend or toilet. Pre-emptive: If attractive maids exist then either they are not employed in hotels I stay in, I never noticed beyond the depressing hotel gear they wear, or I’ve never thought of making one an involuntary voyeur.

We were only there for three days, but I don’t think I would have needed housekeeping for another week or so. I just take towels from the maid cart or the front desk and set my used towels/garbage in the hall.

Bonus tip: Is one of the rooms on your floor being loud? Screaming children, domestic disputes, heavy people walking? Drop the garbage and/or towels in front of their door.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,319
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never used housekeeping

As stated above the maid cart has everything you need
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

I really don’t want nor need anyone in my room if it’s a weekend trip. Need my coffee though and just snag that off the cart on my way back to the room after breakfast anyway.

i kneel with kaepsknee on this one, if its a quick trip, i dont need my room made up/towels refreshed.

kudos to the guy/girl/they/them in hilton's fp&a department for finding ways to cut costs.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    About 8 years ago spg (now Marriott) started giving you extra points if you signed up for no maid service. Can’t believe everyone else didnt adopt that model
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

gross

That's alright Bill, threesomes aren't for everyone