Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Very Telling Quotes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If there isn't rap music, Snoop Lion, and Hugh Millen throwing during practices, this just isn't the kind of program I want to be a fan of
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd just like to say that not once have I heard about Petersen (or even his staff) make any comments about "Well we're coming into a year where our senior qb is gone" or "Well we gotta replace these guys", "We had to scramble just to get a class together" or anything alluding to a rebuild of the team. They've completely embraced the situation here at UW. That's the biggest thing for me, Petersen's not in the business of making any whiny bullshit excuses. He's adapting to guys fucking off, guys graduating and not saying a fucking word about it aside from the obligatory shit he has to to say to the media.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    haie said:

I'd just like to say that not once have I heard about Petersen (or even his staff) make any comments about "Well we're coming into a year where our senior qb is gone" or "Well we gotta replace these guys", "We had to scramble just to get a class together" or anything alluding to a rebuild of the team. They've completely embraced the situation here at UW. That's the biggest thing for me, Petersen's not in the business of making any whiny bullshit excuses. He's adapting to guys fucking off, guys graduating and not saying a fucking word about it aside from the obligatory shit he has to to say to the media.

That is refreshing for sure. Even entering year 6 if Dude Brah were still here he would have said something like "Well you know dude we are replacing Keith Price who set records at the QB position. Sure we are talented at the QB position but we are young there. Then we are losing Bishop Sankey as well who set records at this school. Again dude, we are talented but very young. Coming off 0-12 it was hard to establish the program so we are a little younger than I'd like to be. This program is moving in the right direction though but you know we are a little young."

Sark would be constantly bringing up losing Price and Sankey. He would constantly be bringing up Miles and Stringfellow, anything he can grab that will excuse his inevitable underachieving he'll be all over it.

While Petersen seems to have the same attitude as Pete Carroll which is next man up. That's what I like about the Seahawks, whether you have injuries or suspensions doesn't bother them. That's how well coached teams should be.