Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How much can I pay you to get rid of those ads?

drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Those "results" ads have got to be the worst, or am I too stoned? I have to avoid them when scrolling. What's your price?

Comments

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seriously, I'd pay you fifty a year.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PM me a check for $20 I can hook you up with links to all the hottest ad blocking extensions for your browser
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,887
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Now it's showing ads for wrinkle creams and tablets. I never search for any of those things.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think they could go away for a year for around $3500. Seriously.
  • Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

Now it's showing ads for wrinkle creams and tablets. I never search for any of those things.

The Googleweb's Big Data Hive know's everything you've clicked in your lifetime, and has segmented you, using a sophisticated stochastic algorithm, into a cohort of consumers that want to know about wrinkle creams and tablets, even if you don't realize you want to know. Their prediction of your behavior has a 99% confidence out to 3 standard deviations..... at least that's what they convinced the people that pay for those ads.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Googleweb's Big Data Hive know's everything you've clicked in your lifetime, and has segmented you, using a sophisticated stochastic algorithm, into a cohort of consumers that want to know about wrinkle creams and tablets, even if you don't realize you want to know. Their prediction of your behavior has a 99% confidence out to 3 standard deviations..... at least that's what they convinced the people that pay for those ads.
    Capitalist pigs
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Install adblock...
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    droggins said:

Those "results" ads have got to be the worst, or am I too stoned? I have to avoid them when scrolling. What's your price?

Fuck you need to learn to ignore shit. I barely noticed.

• Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

Capitalist pigs
    They provide fairly good jobs to all of the folks with PhDs in fields like Stats, Econ, Quant. Marketing, Operations Research, etc.