Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A few months ago, I felt despair over this whole situation

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
But now, I am feeling some optimism. We have a long, long way to go. But the push back is happening, and it's happening grass roots. The state of Washington is lost for decades, but nationwide the sense of individualism and liberty is strong out there. With each passing week, it is showing itself more and more.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
    ‘Truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it. Ignorance may deride it. Malice may distort it. But in the end, there it is.’ - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

But now, I am feeling some optimism. We have a long, long way to go. But the push back is happening, and it's happening grass roots. The state of Washington is lost for decades, but nationwide the sense of individualism and liberty is strong out there. With each passing week, it is showing itself more and more.

We're fucking Americans.

We don't lay down for anyone unless it's some little fuckers in the jungle in SE Asia.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m with DJ, I have to remind myself to not get depressed in the impatience, it’s a gift to see through the lies and be frustrated by it. Being blind and ignorant was the real hopelessness.

Nobody watches media, nobody watches sports, we’re all obsessed with the things that actually matter: health, liberty, and our children. We’re all seeing with increased clarity there is no middle ground on these topics.

https://youtu.be/S3g-no2hm4Q

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    If we were obsessed with the health of our children they would be going to school full time on the West Coast.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149

Ok.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was being to think that I saw a loosening of vid panic but today in Centralia, at a Safeway, the mask wearers were out in force. Heading to town, passing the Pe Ell Saturday Market, the farmer's sitting at their tables outside are wearing masks.

The rebellion is lost, I think these sheep are hoping for another outbreak. I am not optimistic for Western Washington
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I sure hope you're right DJ. I've felt like a one man island for some time.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    edited May 2021

We're fucking Americans.

We don't lay down for anyone unless it's some little fuckers in the jungle in SE Asia.

Nope.

We laid down as soon as the hand went up and still haven’t got back up again as a whole.

Sucks. But true.

I haven’t missed a beat myself. The masks pissed me off and I certainly didn’t like my establishments closed. But we? found easy ways around that.

Maybe things will be different when the next emergency hits. But I don’t think so. People are still wearing masks en masse when in most places, they don’t have to. And 6 months from now half of the mentioned people will still be wearing them.

We, as a whole, are so easily manipulated that it’s scary.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    The despair is real.

For months I had to turn off anything news related. Even the Tug. I still can't do the Tug as much as I used to.

If it weren't for the esoteric benefits of pschedelic mushrooms, I might be a statistic. Psylosciben is the work of the lord. Not sure how the pattern would have been broken without it.

I now have a deep seeded belief the poont of the lockdowns was never about safety. It was to break the psychology and will of the people. Control.

OBK is certainly closer to the truth then we? give him credit for. The details are up for debate; the intent of an elite class of people not so much.

We? the people need each other now more than ever.

I pity those who can't see through the gaslighting and fear mongering of the media and said elite class. Including next of kin.

Sad days.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    pawz said:

The despair is real.

For months I had to turn off anything news related. Even the Tug. I still can't do the Tug as much as I used to.

If it weren't for the esoteric benefits of pschedelic mushrooms, I might be a statistic. Psylosciben is the work of the lord. Not sure how the pattern would have been broken without it.

I now have a deep seeded belief the poont of the lockdowns was never about safety. It was to break the psychology and will of the people. Control.

OBK is certainly closer to the truth then we? give him credit for. The details are up for debate; the intent of an elite class of people not so much.

We? the people need each other now more than ever.

I pity those who can't see through the gaslighting and fear mongering of the media and said elite class. Including next of kin.

Sad days.

90% of the shit that was crackpot in March 2020 has come true. And it got worse from there with the summer of hate and destruction. Anything that comes out to expose the corruption and delusion gets buried by a 100 yards of sand.

It’s systemic now. People can hope for the obligatory mid term shift. But there’s no one on the right that inspires. It’s the same cycle of voting against someone instead of voting for someone.

It’s past politics now. This shit is quickly become dyed into the wool.