Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Walgreens to close 17 stores in SF due to the legalization of shoplifting.

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
I've not been in the store when the theft was occurring but I've seen the results. I've also seen where just a few blocks away, the shoplifter throws out a blanket on the sidewalk and openly sells what they just ripped off. Ain't liberalism great?

By a margin of 60 to 40 percent, the idiots of California basically legalized shoplifting. Proposition 47, which passed in 2014, no longer made it a felony to steal if the value of what you steal doesn’t exceed $950. It’s also no longer a felony to receive stolen property valued at less than $950. And so…

Instead of being punished as a felon, you are hit with a misdemeanor, and in many cases not even that.

As you can imagine, this has turned into a free-for-all for shoplifters and a stone cold nightmare for retailers.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/20/nolte-out-of-control-shoplifting-in-democrat-run-san-francisco-closes-17-walgreens/

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    And people, such as me, were wondering why meh ranchers are going for over half a mill in Deer Park, WA.

It’s all making sense now.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,871
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    All of California is a thiefs dream!
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Was in Seattle the other day when it did blatant... and seen it plenty in SF too
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    California is all fucking disgusting.

I can imagine living there and justifying your life
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The $950 rule is crazy and was something I watched a video on during the looting after George Floyd. Guys were teaming up and purposefully stealing $900 worth of stuff from multiple stores and selling it because they knew nothing would happen to them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The $950 rule is crazy and was something I watched a video on during the looting after George Floyd. Guys were teaming up and purposefully stealing $900 worth of stuff from multiple stores and selling it because they knew nothing would happen to them.

People vote their criminal accomplices into office. If Seattle wants to become Detroit in the 90s, it's well on it's way. Same with SF.

A Federal Way politician said it best: "Seattle Needs Adult Supervision." He's right. Seattle is currently run by juvenile delinquents.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,605
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Can you feel the love and unity??? Where are the social workers when you need them?

• Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Washington has a similar law

A felony can be charged if value is over $750.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Hey bad shit has always happened and that will always continue. People can be evil. This has nothing to do with politics and isn’t new, the media is just picking it up, and making it a big problem to you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

People vote their criminal accomplices into office. If Seattle wants to become Detroit in the 90s, it's well on it's way. Same with SF.

A Federal Way politician said it best: "Seattle Needs Adult Supervision." He's right. Seattle is currently run by juvenile delinquents.
    I hear it has nothing to do with politics. It's just the media "picking it up" and making it a problem with you.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Can you feel the love and unity??? Where are the social workers when you need them?

Wtf
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    6% of the population of SF is black, yet the overwhelming majority of all violent crime and robberies committed against Asians, especially older Asian women is committed by young black males who probably make about 1% of the entire city's population.

• Options
    Soros funded DA's are the problem. But Soros is the larger problem.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,936
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

The voters and MSM are the problem. It wasn't a secret what Soros funded DAs and Secretary of States and Attorney Generals were going to do but the local news stations ignore this and happily run the Soros paid for ads.
  • Options

Sledog said:

The voters and MSM are the problem. It wasn't a secret what Soros funded DAs and Secretary of States and Attorney Generals were going to do but the local news stations ignore this and happily run the Soros paid for ads.
    True but they have been a shit show. Every single one of them.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I hear it has nothing to do with politics. It's just the media "picking it up" and making it a problem with you.
    Have you heard one case of a non-white person being charged with a hate crime? I haven't.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Let me be clear: No Geno requested. But I wouldn't shed a tear if I heard Soros tumbled down one of those long, steep European staircases and didn't respond at the bottom.

EuroTrashDawg, agree?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

SFGbob said:

Have you heard one case of a non-white person being charged with a hate crime? I haven't.
    No.

It’s accepted fact all crime against Whites is deserved. All crime by Whites is #HateCrime.

The rest? a series of simple misunderstandings
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,936
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

SFGbob said:

No.

It’s accepted fact all crime against Whites is deserved. All crime by Whites is #HateCrime.

The rest? a series of simple misunderstandings needed corrections of prior wrongs.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

It happens.