Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ancestry dot com.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:
    The biggest bullies always whine about bullying, then enshrine it when they take power.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Go figure. Apparently, the AOC approach to business has real world consequences. Also, I bet the mayor of Springfield is a phucking leftard democrat and should just shut the phuck up.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/smith-wesson-ditches-massachusetts-over-restrictive-legislation-moves-headquarters

Smith & Wesson Ditches Massachusetts Over Pending Legislation, Moves Headquarters To Tennessee

BY TYLER DURDEN
    THURSDAY, SEP 30, 2021 - 11:40 AM

Less than six months after gunmaker Kimber Mfg. moved from New York to Alabama due in part to 'gun and business-friendly support' from the red state, Smith & Wesson is moving out of Massachusetts - and will relocate its headquarters to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023, according to Bloomberg.

The nation's largest gun manufacturer cited restrictive legislation currently under consideration in Mass., which if enacted, would prohibit the company from manufacturing certain guns in the state they've called home for nearly 170 years.

"These bills would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing firearms that are legal in almost every state in America and that are safely used by tens of millions of law-abiding citizens every day exercising their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights, protecting themselves and their families, and enjoying the shooting sports," said SWBI CEO Mark Smith.

"While we are hopeful that this arbitrary and damaging legislation will be defeated in this session, these products made up over 60% of our revenue last year, and the unfortunate likelihood that such restrictions would be raised again led to a review of the best path forward for Smith & Wesson," he added.

The move will bring 750 jobs to Maryville, along with a $125 million investment, according to the Wall Street Journal, citing the Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development.

Lower cost of living was also a factor in the move, according to Smith.

Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno said in a statement that the move will cost the city 550 job, which he described as 'devastating' for the families involved. The city said they would attempt to work with the gunmaker to try and retain 1,000 remaining jobs.

According to a person familiar with the move, the company will keep some production in Springfield.

Smith & Wesson was founded in 1856 by Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson in New England - eventually settling in Springfield. In addition to manufacturing some of the most legendary firearms in US history - including the .44 magnum, they have supplied weapons to the US military and police departments across the country.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm assuming that the slobberer got a sex change operation and then the dementia patient appointed him as Comptroller of the Currency based on her AOC like understanding of economics.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

CAPITALISM: THE UNKNOWN IDEAL. Comptroller of the Economy.

President Biden checked off another progressive identity box last week by nominating Saule Omarova as Comptroller of the Currency. Some Trump appointees were ridiculed for having supported the elimination of their agencies. Ms. Omarova wants to eliminate the banks* she’s being appointed to regulate.

The Cornell University law school professor’s radical ideas might make even Bernie Sanders blush. She graduated from Moscow State University in 1989 on the Lenin Personal Academic Scholarship. Thirty years later, she still believes the Soviet economic system was superior, and that U.S. banking should be remade in the Gosbank’s image.

“Until I came to the US, I couldn’t imagine that things like gender pay gap still existed in today’s world. Say what you will about old USSR, there was no gender pay gap there. Market doesn’t always ‘know best,’” she tweeted in 2019. After Twitter users criticized her ignorance, she added a caveat: “I never claimed women and men were treated absolutely equally in every facet of Soviet life. But people’s salaries were set (by the state) in a gender-blind manner. And all women got very generous maternity benefits. Both things are still a pipe dream in our society!”

Sure, there was a Gulag, and no private property, but maternity benefits!

Omarova “graduated from Moscow State University in 1989.” That was the same year that Boris Yeltsin visited a supermarket outside of Houston, Texas:

In Yeltsin’s own autobiography, he wrote about the experience at Randall’s, which shattered his view of communism, according to pundits. Two years later, he left the Communist Party and began making reforms to turn the economic tide in Russia.

Maybe you can blame those frozen Jell-O Pudding pops he’s seen marveling in those Chronicle photos.

“When I saw those shelves crammed with hundreds, thousands of cans, cartons and goods of every possible sort, for the first time I felt quite frankly sick with despair for the Soviet people,” Yeltsin wrote. “That such a potentially super-rich country as ours has been brought to a state of such poverty! It is terrible to think of it.”

Old and busted: Make America Great Again!

Omarova’s new hotness? Make America Soviet Again!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Scratch a leftist, find a fascist. The Bernie Bros aren't good at Maff.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Scratch a leftist find a fascist. Oh, yeah and SCIENCE.

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=18236

Maddison Farris, editor-in-chief of a student newspaper at Oklahoma State University, was forced to resign after criticizing the school’s mask policy.

“I think that this whole event truly shows that not all opinions are valued and that diversity of thought is falsely advertised here,” Farris told Campus Reform.

On September 9, Farris wrote a column for The O’Colly explaining that she had been removed from a classroom for not wearing a mask.

Farris had previously researched Senate Bill 658, which affirms that a mask cannot be required within a school setting in Oklahoma. She noted that “multiple phone calls with the governor’s office confirmed what I already knew.”

“If I believed that it was just a mask, then, of course, I would simply wear it for an hour or two and then go about my day,” Farris explained.

“But it is more than a mask. It’s control. It’s control over my choices, desires and body," she continued. "I will not allow any institution to take away my right to decide for myself what is best and to make my own decisions, or to take away the rights and decisions of others.”

Two days later, The O’Colly’s editorial board added a “correction” to the article stressing that Farris’ article was indeed an opinion piece. It claimed that though Farris’ explanation of the law was “misleading," they supported Farris’ freedom of expression.

“As American citizens, we affirm our belief in the First Amendment and the right as journalists to express our personal opinions no matter if our viewpoint is different from those around us,” the correction stated.

Nevertheless, Farris submitted a letter of “forced resignation,” explaining that she had been called into a September 13 meeting with the rest of the editors and pressed into leaving her post.

Farris told Campus Reform that although most students at Oklahoma State support free speech, but there is a “portion of students who value free speech until it makes them uncomfortable.”
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Go figure. Has to be a satire, if not the woman is certifiable and has no business owing a goldfish let alone a dog.

https://notthebee.com/article/this-woman-made-a-video-to-prove-her-dog-is-a-vegetarian-and-it-did-not-go-as-she-planned
  • Options

Go figure. Has to be a satire, if not the woman is certifiable and has no business owing a goldfish let alone a dog.

https://notthebee.com/article/this-woman-made-a-video-to-prove-her-dog-is-a-vegetarian-and-it-did-not-go-as-she-planned

I laffed like a drunken hyena.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    Bob_C said:
    Going to be hard to catch him no fingerprints. I want to see the high speed chase from the getaway!
  • Options