Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How much does the First Lady make?
    Unlike the President of the United States (who gets a $400,000 per year, plus other allowances), the First Lady receives nothing. Former President Ronald Reagan confirmed that the First Lady of the United States is unpaid in an interview in 1982. “You know, with the First Lady the government gets an employee free; they have her just about as busy as they have me,” he said at the time.

According to Metro, former President Barack Obama has also confirmed that the FLOTUS is not paid. “Michelle would point out first ladies get paid nothing. So there’s clearly not equal pay in the White House when it comes to her and me,” he’s said, referring to his wife, Michelle Obama.

There’s a reason that FLOTUS isn’t paid. The First Lady isn’t elected unlike the President or Vice President of the United States, so the FLOTUs isn’t an official government employee. In fact, many First Ladies have have given up their previous jobs to support the president. According to Closer, Michelle Obama earned $273,618 per year as an executive at the University of Chicago Hospitals before she quit to become the First Lady. Hillary Clinton, the wife of former President Bill Clinton, also left her job at Rose Law Firm in Arkansas when her husband was elected. In an interview with CBS News in 2020, Jill Biden confirmed that she plans to keep her job as an English professor at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia, when she enters the White House. If we get to the White House, I’m gonna continue to teach,” she said at the time. “It’s important, and I want people to value teachers and know their contributions, and lift up the profession.”

Imagine the week long media fest if Melania had called herself a government official
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Unlike the President of the United States (who gets a $400,000 per year, plus other allowances), the First Lady receives nothing. Former President Ronald Reagan confirmed that the First Lady of the United States is unpaid in an interview in 1982. “You know, with the First Lady the government gets an employee free; they have her just about as busy as they have me,” he said at the time.

According to Metro, former President Barack Obama has also confirmed that the FLOTUS is not paid. “Michelle would point out first ladies get paid nothing. So there’s clearly not equal pay in the White House when it comes to her and me,” he’s said, referring to his wife, Michelle Obama.

There’s a reason that FLOTUS isn’t paid. The First Lady isn’t elected unlike the President or Vice President of the United States, so the FLOTUs isn’t an official government employee. In fact, many First Ladies have have given up their previous jobs to support the president. According to Closer, Michelle Obama earned $273,618 per year as an executive at the University of Chicago Hospitals before she quit to become the First Lady. Hillary Clinton, the wife of former President Bill Clinton, also left her job at Rose Law Firm in Arkansas when her husband was elected. In an interview with CBS News in 2020, Jill Biden confirmed that she plans to keep her job as an English professor at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia, when she enters the White House. If we get to the White House, I’m gonna continue to teach,” she said at the time. “It’s important, and I want people to value teachers and know their contributions, and lift up the profession.”

Imagine the week long media fest if Melania had called herself a government official

Imagine if Melania was pouring over documents before a major meeting with international leaders because the President was cognitively impaired and slurred his words. Trump was seen using a handrail to go down a ramp and the media lost their shit and started in on the 25th amendment.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine if Melania was pouring over documents before a major meeting with international leaders because the President was cognitively impaired and slurred his words. Trump was seen using a handrail to go down a ramp and the media lost their shit and started in on the 25th amendment.

I'm not sure I deserved that fuck off even so
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not sure I deserved that fuck off even so
    Sorry Broseph. Fat fingered it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    Jill needs to find Cho's keys first before she advises on international policy.

#priorities

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    And?

I root for AMERICA 🇺🇸

Antifa at Normandy were terrorists

Hot take
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I root for America to not take actions that could easily be defined as terrorism “depending on your perspective”.

Personally, I don’t think fighting them at the beach (I think Churchill said that) is easily defined as that. But if your perspective was to be sympathetic to fascists, I could see it.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    hardhat said:

I imagine if this guy had used a certain N-word, that it would have been reported by the New York Times. But it's OK if the crackhead son of the current president did it.
    I would argue Don jr is almost as big a dbag as Hunter
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

I imagine if this guy had used a certain N-word, that it would have been reported by the New York Times. But it's OK if the crackhead son of the current president did it.
    I would argue Don jr is almost as big a dbag as Hunter
    I would not vouch for either of them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I root for America to not take actions that could easily be defined as terrorism “depending on your perspective”.

Personally, I don’t think fighting them at the beach (I think Churchill said that) is easily defined as that. But if your perspective was to be sympathetic to fascists, I could see it.

Why is depending on your perspective in quotes? Who said that?

Hamas doesn't think they're terrorists. Iran doesn't. China doesn't

Most people around the world love their country or terrorist organization.

#metoo

Sorry you hate America 🇺🇸
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Questioning America sounds like a threat to our democracy.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Why is depending on your perspective in quotes? Who said that?

Hamas doesn't think they're terrorists. Iran doesn't. China doesn't

Most people around the world love their country or terrorist organization.

#metoo

Sorry you hate America 🇺🇸
    I guess that answers the question of would you support Trump in coup, doesn’t it.