Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Ducks, Ohio State will be FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff Game on Sept. 11

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2021
    Georgia was scheduled to come to Autzen in 2015. After Georgia whined about travel distance they decided to cancel the series. So it’s ok for us to travel to Georgia but too tough for them to travel here.....got it.

Whether this is a one off is not the point. They left us up in the air and we had to scramble for someone to play. We had to face all the BS about easy schedule that year. I sure wouldn’t reward them by playing a game in Georgia without a return game. About your moronic example of the game being like LSU in Dallas. That is just stupid. How about a neutral game in Portland dumbass.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021
    DJCuck said:

Georgia was scheduled to come to Autzen in 2015. After Georgia whined about travel distance they decided to cancel the series. So it’s ok for us to travel to Georgia but too tough for them to travel here.....got it.

Whether this is a one off is not the point. They left us up in the air and we had to scramble for someone to play. We had to face all the BS about easy schedule that year. I sure wouldn’t reward them by playing a game in Georgia without a return game. About your moronic example of the game being like LSU in Dallas. That is just stupid. How about a neutral game in Portland dumbass.

beta af
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

Fuck you dumbass. They pulled out of a game they had scheduled with us dumbass. Now we are just playing at their place dumbass. Kiss my ass you rude fucking asshole.

“Neutral Site” my ass you moron. They will Play in Atlanta GEORGIA dumbass.

It’s not the same as playing LSU in Dallas Dumbass.

Atlanta is 74 miles from Athens and in the same state dumbass.

@ntxduck is guilty of elder abuse. Way to fight back, Deej
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

So it was a completely different series they cancelled on and you were wrong. Got it
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not trying to throw an accelerant on a fire (Antifa reference) but have you ever been to a game at LSU or an SEC stadium?

I went to an LSU game when OSEwe opened the 2004 season there (the year before Katrina struck)

These fans CARE & party and pack the stadium.

The RV’s were parked and they were tailgating three days before the game.

I asked a local at a pizza parlor why the atmosphere was so insane several days prior to the game. Was it because they won the Natty the year before?

He looked at me like I was nuts. They said you ought to be here when Florida, Alabama or Auburn come.

Game day, Oregon State arrives at Tiger Stadium in 3 buses. The buses are stopped and surrounded by crazed fans who rock the buses from side to side while screaming “Tiger Bait.”

The block of seats they gave to the OSEwe fans were so high, it felt like climbing a mountain to get there. Essentially, you were up, out of the stadium, could not here the PA, could not see the replay screen and the players were so small they were not identifiable.

Trust me. The game in Dallas was a home game for LSU fans despite the 450 mile distance.

As an aside, at the Natty in 2011 in Phoenix, 10,000 Auburn fans showed up without tickets and were paying $2,000 per ticket to get in. I know people who sold shitty seats and went to a bar near the stadium and watched the game.

If you want to understand SEC football better, read the book, “Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer”. It’s about Alabama football. The writer, who grew up an Alabama fan, spent a season traveling by RV with the Alabama faithful to away games.

I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD in my entire life reading a book.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021
    Going to the ATL(it's what I like to call it), after UGA bitched out of the home and home makes Oregon fucking beta cucks. She's fucking some other dude but still lets you eat her out once in a while. Rob Mullens is bitch made.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2021
    dtd said:

Going to the ATL(it's what I like to call it), after UGA bitched out of the home and home makes Oregon fucking beta cucks. She's fucking some other dude but still lets you eat her out once in a while. Rob Mullens is bitch made.

I don’t know if you haven’t noticed but the PAC 12 is everyone’s bitch.
  • Options
    trublue said:

Not trying to throw an accelerant on a fire (Antifa reference) but have you ever been to a game at LSU or an SEC stadium?

I went to an LSU game when OSEwe opened the 2004 season there (the year before Katrina struck)

These fans CARE & party and pack the stadium.

The RV’s were parked and they were tailgating three days before the game.

I asked a local at a pizza parlor why the atmosphere was so insane several days prior to the game. Was it because they won the Natty the year before?

He looked at me like I was nuts. They said you ought to be here when Florida, Alabama or Auburn come.

Game day, Oregon State arrives at Tiger Stadium in 3 buses. The buses are stopped and surrounded by crazed fans who rock the buses from side to side while screaming “Tiger Bait.”

The block of seats they gave to the OSEwe fans were so high, it felt like climbing a mountain to get there. Essentially, you were up, out of the stadium, could not here the PA, could not see the replay screen and the players were so small they were not identifiable.

Trust me. The game in Dallas was a home game for LSU fans despite the 450 mile distance.

As an aside, at the Natty in 2011 in Phoenix, 10,000 Auburn fans showed up without tickets and were paying $2,000 per ticket to get in. I know people who sold shitty seats and went to a bar near the stadium and watched the game.

If you want to understand SEC football better, read the book, “Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer”. It’s about Alabama football. The writer, who grew up an Alabama fan, spent a season traveling by RV with the Alabama faithful to away games.

I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD in my entire life reading a book.

Iirc dallas has more lsu alumni than any city except New Orleans, too
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Oregon should have told Georgia to pretend they are their own cousin.

On the other hand - it’s $4.5 million to play in Atlanta, against a marquee opponent, in front of a national TV audience. Difficult to get those elite opponents. No one other than Texas Tech or Baylor wants to come to the middle of nowhere to play in front of 58k.

Ohio State is just a shitty contract. No incentive to reschedule the game other than goodwill. No payout since they were banking on the added season ticket sales and jacked up prices from hosting tOSU. You can’t cancel either, there has to be a reason for that force majeure clause. The game wouldn’t have happened even if it wasn’t for the Vid because of the forest fires. Maybe remember that shit for the future contracts, considering they’ve been close to canceling games because of wildfires before.

Hopefully that’s a lesson for them in the future. Write better fucking contracts. If we ever get a return trip it will be when the players kids are on the team.
  • Options
    dtd said:

It is a beta move.

They make more money doing that versus playing CityStateU at home. Money pays for stuff. Exposure matters.

They get ~$4 million for a home sellout, minus the money paid for a sacrificial lamb. I think Bowling Green got $1.5 million. $4.5 mil for being a bitch, and it includes a quality SEC loss - which is better than a Pac-12 win.
  • Options

dtd said:

It is a beta move.

They make more money doing that versus playing CityStateU at home. Money pays for stuff. Exposure matters.

They get ~$4 million for a home sellout, minus the money paid for a sacrificial lamb. I think Bowling Green got $1.5 million. $4.5 mil for being a bitch, and it includes a quality SEC loss - which is better than a Pac-12 win.
    Hopefully the new commish (that’s what I like to call him) makes a Vegas Pac12-sec game a top priority
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

It is a beta move.

Hopefully the new commish (that’s what I like to call him) makes a Vegas Pac12-sec game a top priority
    The new bowl game against the SEC is a step in the right direction, but good luck getting them to agree to non-con games out there in September. The SEC is getting better for future schedules, Florida will even go to SLC in 2023; their first non conference game outside the state in three decades.

I suppose it could happen as long as there is enough money.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LSU is at UCLA this year
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oregon should just schedule 3 wac games, then go for broke in the Pac 12.
  • Options

LSU is at UCLA this year

I didn’t realize this. Very nice!

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I just looked too and LSU’s first game is @UCLA. On the other hand, UCLA plays Hawaii in August and gets that bump in cohesion from playing a game.