Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The athletic profile of this team...

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

But but did you check with your dad about that opinion?

Personally I think it’s really weird to cite your dad as a source. Ha ha ha ha

Being called weird by ignorant morons like you and your ilk is a badge of honor.

How's your dad doing?

I didn't cite my dad as a source you dumb fuck. I talk about Pac 12 football with people, most aren't UW fans even. I'm like 2/20 with my circle of pac 12 grads. We're not fucking loser 70 year olds that had to just do basic algebra to graduate from college, like you.

Yeah, you're a creepy Portland weirdo. Dime a dozen.

You didn't exist here in 2016. Fucking shocker.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Agree. I think the spring game showed the talent behind Brown is pretty damn good.

Butters didn’t show great arm strength and Thompson is too much of a gun slinger. If it weren’t for walk-on safeties playing cb, they get picked off.

Yesterday showed neither team has an above average qb.

Agreed on butterfield. He looked like Shough out there with some of those pick 6 balls to the sideline. Don’t get why people are pumping him up.

I’d go brown>>Thompson/ashford>>>butterfield at this point.

Hard to gauge much from brown yesterday. Spring game format where qbs can’t run takes away his biggest weapon. If he starts I’d expect him to get 8-10 designed runs a game
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I understand. Agree somewhat but I think they are talents that will acquit themselves well in the near future. Cristobal was happy with all of their performances. I‘ll take that and see how this shakes out in our relatively easy OOC games.......not tOSU. 😁
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    DJDuck said:

I understand. Agree somewhat but I think they are talents that will acquit themselves well in the near future. Cristobal was happy with all of their performances. I‘ll take that and see how this shakes out in our relatively easy OOC games.......not tOSU. 😁

What’s he going to say? I am glad my qbs hit wide open receivers that blew by my walk-on Slavic safety playing corner.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Being called weird by ignorant morons like you and your ilk is a badge of honor.

How's your dad doing?

I didn't cite my dad as a source you dumb fuck. I talk about Pac 12 football with people, most aren't UW fans even. I'm like 2/20 with my circle of pac 12 grads. We're not fucking loser 70 year olds that had to just do basic algebra to graduate from college, like you.

You think Dj went to college?
    Yes you did you offered your dad’s opinion as if it meant something. You are a fucking liar to boot.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    With all due respect he more than played lip service about his quarterbacks:

“I thought Anthony did a really good job being efficient with the ball, making good decisions and being accurate,” Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said. “Thought the pocket got pressed a couple of times and it was the first play or second play of the game he came out of there and made something happen with his legs as well. He keeps his eyes down the field, he has really good pocket presence and thought he did a really good job.”

“ “We gave them the opportunities today and they certainly took advantage of it,” Cristobal said. “They all got a chance to move the ball and they all did and made big plays and made big throws, respectively, in some of the boot and wag game as well as some of the drop-back game, some of the RPO stuff as well. I thought those guys really took command at the line of scrimmage and have made this a really, really good battle at the 2 spot right now.

“We think Anthony is the one; he’s the one that’s leading, but we’re not going to let that die. We’d rather than engaged and rolling as we head into the summer, but that battle for the 2 spot has really tightened. It was good to see those guys each have their moments today, mostly positive.”
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    DJDuck said:

“I thought Anthony did a really good job being efficient with the ball, making good decisions and being accurate,” Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said. “Thought the pocket got pressed a couple of times and it was the first play or second play of the game he came out of there and made something happen with his legs as well. He keeps his eyes down the field, he has really good pocket presence and thought he did a really good job.”

“ “We gave them the opportunities today and they certainly took advantage of it,” Cristobal said. “They all got a chance to move the ball and they all did and made big plays and made big throws, respectively, in some of the boot and wag game as well as some of the drop-back game, some of the RPO stuff as well. I thought those guys really took command at the line of scrimmage and have made this a really, really good battle at the 2 spot right now.

“We think Anthony is the one; he’s the one that’s leading, but we’re not going to let that die. We’d rather than engaged and rolling as we head into the summer, but that battle for the 2 spot has really tightened. It was good to see those guys each have their moments today, mostly positive.”

DJ - they did what you’d expect of a D1 qb. They hit really wide open WRs. We have no idea how they would respond if there was actually sticky coverage. You have to read between the lines.
  • Options
    Haie here’s what you said you lying POS:

“I've seen 10x more quooks on Twitter comment about this than doogs or anyone else.

I thought he was a flash in the pan player feasting off of an easy 4 game schedule where UW never had to leave their empty fortress?

******************************************************************************************
    My dad thinks he sucks, thinks that Stanford saw his weakness in edge contain and ran straight at him to get to 24-3.
    ******************************************************************************************
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

How's your dad doing?

Yes you did you offered your dad’s opinion as if it meant something. You are a fucking liar to boot.

Who are you talking to?
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJ - they did what you’d expect of a D1 qb. They hit really wide open WRs. We have no idea how they would respond if there was actually sticky coverage. You have to read between the lines.
    You may be right. I like what I saw. None of them but Brown has seen game action. I pretty much look at the glass half full. We shall see. 😁

• Options
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

How's your dad doing?

Who are you talking to?
    Sounds like Haie.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

How's your dad doing?

Who are you talking to?
    Haie

• Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Is the best I’ve see at Oregon. The early enrollees look like the upperclassmen. Two more cycles like this and Oregon is a legit championship contender.

Ferguson is a Webb clone. Kingsley is a 1st round looking tackle. This last class’s early enrollees are filthy.

2023 will be special
    I would bet Oregon wins the PAC this year.
    Not gonna happen IMO. Maybe that’s me being a homer. It will be either UW or Oregon. We have the two best teams in the conference. USC isn’t shit with Helton, I’m not buying the ASU hype. Stanford has been down for a few years and lost their QB and best WR. Utah is a solid program that is stuck at 8-9 wins. Everyone else is irrelevant.

You need a QB. I’m not sold on Brown. He might be good, but it will be a Tyler Hundley type good. He’s not picking apart a legit defense. Replacing the secondary will be tough despite having touted recruits. Your front 7 should be very good tho and I agree that Oregon is a talented team.

Whoever is better between Morris and Brown probably wins the PAC 12.
    The secondary that was drafted didn’t play last season. So, they took their lumps.

Morris is more limited than Brown who will get 8-10 designed runs in Moorehead’s offense. That shit offense Jon Don installed will cap any talent at UW.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Oregon’s receivers are one of the best groups in the country. They would make a 2 star QB look good. AB is a decent QB IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Stopping Oregon’s passing attack with anyone behind center when we have Troy Franklin, Devon Williams, Dont’e Thornton, Kris Hutson, Isaiah Brevard, Johnny Johnson III, Jaylon Redd, Mycah Pittman, Josh Delgado among others including our Tight end group will be problematic for other teams.
  • Options

I remember my we have great receivers phase

They had hands of stone

Lol. To be fair the Oregon wr group is better than the UW group you are referencing, by a lot. But as we saw last year, the qb most assuredly does matter. Shough had guys running open by 10+ yards on almost every drop back. He either never saw them or missed them by 15 yards