Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention all Tyee's and donors

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited February 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Important Message:

Kim Grinolds, the mouthpiece of Husky football, is encouraging all Tyee's, donors, and season ticket holders to e-mail AD Scott Woodward and demand that he force newly-hired head football coach Chris Petersen to open practices to the public and allow more access to the fans (and media). It is a well-known and proven fact that the Seahawks record level of fan support this season was not due to wins on the field but was based almost entirely to Coach Carroll opening up pre-season practices and UW needs to follow suit. Coach Sarkisian set up a fine model for this but unfortunately had to close practices in his final year due to stadium construction. Please, for the sake of UW football, e-mail the AD and let your voice be heard. You are encouraged to make reference to the amount of money you donate to the program in your e-mail.

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Please tell me this is the second "whoosh" (albeit, nowhere near the rictor rating) of the day.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

The G-O-Biz sale is on the horizon. Anyone need a nacho platter, or "Bark for Sark" mouse pad?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tyee membership = 23 years
    Practices attended = 0

No one cares.

I guess I could go down and chant coach James or something.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I thought I spoke for everybody. Or not.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's time for the program to say Later Guys to the Multiple Dicks.

It's not funny anymore.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I went to some practices in the day (when sark first got hired). It was fun, but I don't really give a fuck. Win games, who gives a fuck if I get to go to practices or not as long as we win fucking football games. FUCK.

Oh, I am also tyee for 10 years now.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Winning games with sound play>>>>> > watching Jimmy Dougherty chest bump Sark at practice
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I am second.generation Tyee and usually have gone to 2-4 practices each spring and each fall. I usually learn more about the team then, and enjoy seeing the games afterwards

But I know in this internet age that some people do the same and then say too much online. So though it is fun for me, I am not going to cry like a baby, especially for the media.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    if I don't get my fix of who lead Husky Jacks for practices I'm going to fucking go apeshit on someone!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Kim would talk shit on Don James if he was coach. Most coaches have closed practices. Saban and Urban Meyer aren't fucking worried about making fans feel welcome. Oregon has the best marketing of anyone in college football and Chip didn't open practices. Water is wet, Kim is wrong again.

He's so worried about UW making the fans feel welcome. The games weren't all sold out because nobody wants to see an average UW team play Cal at 8 pm. If UW was a perennial top 10-15 team, every game except maybe a dreckfest against Georgia State would be sold out. Maybe it's just this board, but it seems most people are more excited about UW football now than they were the past few years. Opening practices so 150 fans can watch isn't going to do a fucking thing. Those 150 will all be sitting in the stands on game day.

I agree 100%. Kim is stupid. Most Tyees are not so stupid.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Who is going to take time off of work to go to practices at 8:15 in the morning when the weather sucks?
  • Options
    Tequila - I plead guilty. I have been doing it for years, since my work allows me flexibility to get my work done when ready. But I certainly prefer afternoon practices....
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I first started to realize Shark was a POS from practices.

The special teams drill was pathetic. Special team play was a disaster most of his tenure. I also waked around the sidelines and sized up the players. At 6'2" 190, and older than god, I felt like I could take a lot of these guys on.....a terrible sign. Strength and conditioning sucked as well.

Who cares about the practices, but some things can be gauged.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Practice is only a big deal for a minuscule number if fans and the media...and I'm being generous by including Doogman in that category. I really never GAF while living in Suckattle almost three decades. Hell, I remember trying to see the Seahawks practice at HS in the mid 90s, but not UW.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Global said:

Kim would talk shit on Don James if he was coach. Most coaches have closed practices. Saban and Urban Meyer aren't fucking worried about making fans feel welcome. Oregon has the best marketing of anyone in college football and Chip didn't open practices. Water is wet, Kim is wrong again.

He's so worried about UW making the fans feel welcome. The games weren't all sold out because nobody wants to see an average UW team play Cal at 8 pm. If UW was a perennial top 10-15 team, every game except maybe a dreckfest against Georgia State would be sold out. Maybe it's just this board, but it seems most people are more excited about UW football now than they were the past few years. Opening practices so 150 fans can watch isn't going to do a fucking thing. Those 150 will all be sitting in the stands on game day.

I agree 100%. Kim is stupid. Most Tyees are not so stupid.
    Totally fucking disagree.

They paid to support the past 12 years of Fucking Dreckfest football, after all.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree for the fan, getting to see the players and how the coaches allegedly coach is a real bonus. Anyone watching Cozzetto coach, and obviously hearing his high volume screaming, would know he was no good, for example. Same with Sark. No organization or discipline compared to earlier coaches.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The people who go to practices are the ones with the REAL miserable and pathetic lives.

Simple fact, case closed, end of discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI