Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pandering to the Doogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I hate this bullshit. 3 of the 4 guys who are going to get drafted were 4*. I listened to the press conference and he actually said that Keith Taylor was a lowly 2* and now he's going to be a high NFL draft pick. Sounds like Jimmy's already getting his talking points ready for another subpar class.

We take pride in our 15th ranked classes!!!!

(Except for last year of course when we took pride in telling everyone about our first place class)
    Hammer meet nail.

The Boise State OKG/Tryhard (rip TSIO)/system and scheme over talent still runs deep in JL

We are going to have 4 guys drafted. Haven't ran numbers but I would hope we have that many drafted every year minimum.

Pete had the quote about can't win the Kentucky Derby on a donkey, and I think after 2016 Bama saw the talent needed to compete at that level and went hammer down the next 3 classes (which I also think expedited his burnout imo) to get there.

For both Pete and JL there is a significant belief that they can plug and play alot of guys into their system and be just fine at the position (i.e anyone in their top 5/10 names on their recruiting big board) so if they lose a +++ recruit it's not the end of the world as they can get a ++ guy or even the + kid and be okay.

Difference is Pete would just coach speak it about it to reporters where Jimmy will brag about it.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can see lakes arrogance being annoying if they do suck but name a good HC that isn't the most cocky/self confident personality type. Comes with the territory so consider resetting the baseline