Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

“What I learned at UO spring practice:10 observations, QB Anthony Brown to Ducks impressive DB’s“

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I personally know a lot of die hard quooks.

Some that even wrote for the Eugene Register Guard after they graduated.

Even they admit that the Anthony Brown quooking is way, way too much.

Just admit that Meat isn't adept at that position and got lucky with Herbs. Just admit it.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    Why Anthony Brown maintains lead in Oregon Ducks QB competition entering second spring scrimmage

“ While Brown is by far the most experienced of the group, as a starter at Boston College and even as the backup at UO last season, Cristobal insists the competition is not definitively over yet.

“I think the worst thing you can do is make any player on the team too comfortable while at the same time you have to be real and Anthony has earned the reps that he has gotten,” he said. “We don’t sense at all any entitlement from him. Instead what you see is a guy that’s really taken ownership and has a lot of pride in what he does and a guy that you can coach hard and that responds to that. A guy that’s also grooming the younger guys, knowing that those younger guys are going to be thrust into situations where they compete with him for reps.”

“So far, what separates Brown behind his many years of playing experience are his pocket presence and decision-making, according to Cristobal.

“He’s a guy who’s played a lot of football,” offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead said. “He’s a guy who’s extremely intelligent and has a lot of ability as a thrower and as a runner. It’s not like this is a guy that we brought in and hadn’t played elsewhere; he had 50 touchdowns on his resume and a bunch of passing yards and a lot of wins, a lot of big wins at that. I’m very excited to work with Anthony in his last year of eligibility and I think he’s really seizing the opportunity and understands the urgency that’s required of this position.”

“ “(Brown) took that role head-on,” left tackle George Moore said. “With Tyler transferring he stepped right into that role and I feel like we didn’t skip a beat. That whole offense, we respect (Brown) enough knowing that he’s going to lead us in the right direction. With our offense, Moorhead coming up with all these crazy plays, I think it’s great. I think what coach Moorhead has going, he knows that he can trust that offensive line and those receivers and his QB and his running backs to where he can call anything and we’ll execute it as best as we can.”-James Crepea The Oregonian

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/04/why-anthony-brown-maintains-lead-in-oregon-ducks-qb-competition-entering-second-spring-scrimmage.html
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Brown is an average QB and the other highly touted QB recruits can't pass him up. Now ask yourself why. Quooks should be worried.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Brown is an average QB and the other highly touted QB recruits can't pass him up. Now ask yourself why. Quooks should be worried.

This also applies to morris
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

This also applies to morris
    But we have a 6 star recruit
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021
    haie said:

Just admit that Meat isn't adept at that position and got lucky with Herbs. Just admit it.

Moorehead is great with qbs. Good luck with your OC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

I thought so too until Moorrehead picked Shough (and stough with him) last year.

Now I'll LIPO.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

I thought so too until Moorrehead picked Shough (and stough with him) last year.

Now I'll LIPO.
    I actually get that. Short, meaningless season. See what you’ve got in the younger player. But once he got the yips he needed to be benched.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2021
    haie said:

Adam Jude?

Herbert wasn’t luck.

Three-star QB in high school; didn’t do the camp circuit; didn’t graduate early; 3-sport athlete (football, basketball and baseball): academically elite. 6’5”, 235 lbs., out of high school.

Showed up in the summer ready to compete. When grad transfer Prokop (from Montana State) didn’t pan our; Herbert knew the playbook; jumped over more highly recruited QB’s; and was thrown to the wolves.

Herbert had three different head coaches and three different offensive coordinators at Oregon.

Kid had the “it” factor on the field. He would have been great in a pro style offense.

Marcus Arroyo sucked as an offensive coordinator.